Battery or other question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jchamp

Reaction score
I've gotten a message 3-4 times in the last 30 days. I'll upload it here. It also shows on my vehicle screen as saving battery turn on to start. Last time I had some messages we checked it all and the battery said good and alternator said good too
There were 2 werks in January we had snow/ice and we were home so it wasnt driven. But is driven 5-6 days a week.
1000005780.jpg

Alwaysthinkin

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I put a trickle charge on my battery every week or two depending on how much I drive and would recommend you do the same. Battery appears to drains faster on new vehicles. I have an older S10 that can sit for months and still start, in the meantime my Expy would be "dead".

OP
OP
J

Jchamp

Reaction score
I put a trickle charge on my battery every week or two depending on how much I drive and would recommend you do the same. Battery appears to drains faster on new vehicles. I have an older S10 that can sit for months and still start, in the meantime my Expy would be "dead".
We have a tender and have it charging now to see if it helps. I know it never did it before until a week after it had sat for 2 weeks.

OP
OP
J

Jchamp

Reaction score
Haha yeah it's a bit of a back story to the name. One of my kids called.my old explorer peaches (bc of where we lived) and when we moved and ended up trading the name followed.

2020-MAX-Limited

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We have a tender. It's plugged in now to see if it helps. Thank you for the link though.
I don't think you said how old your car/battery was, but mine is a 2020, so 4 years on the original battery. We bought it December 2022 and my battery started doing this power save thing the day I purchased it. At first I didn't bother because it always started without any hesitation. The only other thing I noticed was the Auto Start/Stop would never activate. Eventually, I found the screen that said this was due to battery charging. So I began to use a tender whenever the car was in the garage. After several weeks of charging at home, the AS/S finally started working. Point I wanted to make is that it may take quite a number of days on the charger before your battery will achieve a "full" charge and stop giving you the power save messages. You might also consider getting a Topdon BT100 battery tester to load test your battery at home. I discovered that mine originally was showing only 60-70% capacity left, but has improved with the constant trickle charging. It went from marginal (Yellow) state to good (Green) state once on the charger regularly.

OP
OP
J

Jchamp

Reaction score
I don't think you said how old your car/battery was, but mine is a 2020, so 4 years on the original battery. We bought it December 2022 and my battery started doing this power save thing the day I purchased it. At first I didn't bother because it always started without any hesitation. The only other thing I noticed was the Auto Start/Stop would never activate. Eventually, I found the screen that said this was due to battery charging. So I began to use a tender whenever the car was in the garage. After several weeks of charging at home, the AS/S finally started working. Point I wanted to make is that it may take quite a number of days on the charger before your battery will achieve a "full" charge and stop giving you the power save messages. You might also consider getting a Topdon BT100 battery tester to load test your battery at home. I discovered that mine originally was showing only 60-70% capacity left, but has improved with the constant trickle charging. It went from marginal (Yellow) state to good (Green) state once on the charger regularly.
Mine is a 2021