before I even get my product started...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lifted trucks arent my style...but theyre slowly growning on me....

AND I'M EXCITED!!!

OP
OP
D

dj_mindframe_99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
hey guys, I was wondering if someone could suggest a site with the lowest price on shocks that are made for the 3'' lift?

OP
OP
D

dj_mindframe_99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
20x10 would have been even better, but there are 2 reasons why I didn't go that route.

1.) with a 20 inch wheel, the price for the set of tires was just too expensive for me.
2.) I don't see many people off roading on 20's (and I like a more comfortable ride.)

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so what if you dont see people off roading on 20's...be unique and make it you!!! but i feel you on the price and ride comfort...to each his own!!!

i saw somewhere 20x12!!! i dont know what i would do to tell you the truth...drop, raise,...i'm a street guy...

OP
OP
D

dj_mindframe_99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well I personally think the decision shoud really come down to your drive train...is it 2 or 4 wheel drive? if it's 2, drop that bxtch, if it's got 4x4 the sky is the limit.

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if i had the cash i would be on 22's with 37s... but cant afford them... but good deal on expy... i only paid 6700$ for mine already lifted and from TX with no rust... everything else I have done to it... but just lift and parts are worth what I paid...lol

OP
OP
D

dj_mindframe_99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
just for the record it has come to my attention that the horsepower on the 1999 expy 4.6 ltr. V-8 is a not so staggering 232-240hp. and the only torque info I could find points to 291-293Ft. Lbs. with a curb weight of 5,177lbs yea over 2 1/2 tons.

As soon as I get the truck I will find out about how much HP/lb. ft. the new engine has and use that as my base for the add-ons. then I can fairly accurately guess the new HP/lb ft. within a few digits, which I'm ok with a few degrees of variation.

for a complete list of stats for the 99 expedition follow this link http://autos.aol.com/cars-Ford-Expedition-1999/specs/

There's also Specs for ALL of the other years, trims, engines, etc.

OP
OP
D

dj_mindframe_99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
if i had the cash i would be on 22's with 37s... but cant afford them... but good deal on expy... i only paid 6700$ for mine already lifted and from TX with no rust... everything else I have done to it... but just lift and parts are worth what I paid...lol

Well shoot if cash weren't the problem I'd have the axel's swapped for Dana 60's, a 15 inch lift, and 44's but I'm not a rich guy, just a grunt with a dream.
several of the free or more inexpensive mods will be done first, like in the first month, with things like the grille, headlights, lift, tires, and head unit will have to be saved for. But we'll see how time, cash, and how-bad-do-I-want-it affects the order of things.

OP
OP
D

dj_mindframe_99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
wow, It took four months but I'm finally just a few days away from getting my truck. and my have things changed...
the old truck was destroyed, long story.
here is what I will be taking delivery of now,
a 1999 expy EB
sandy/tan ext gray leather int.
140k miles
just had the usual 100k for service done (yes at 140k miles)
new shocks, springs, inners, outers, uppers, lowers, seals, bearings, brakes, tires, etc. etc.
suffice it to say this should be in REALLY decent shape.

the first place to spend dough is on the general performance and MPG
so here's the plan,
K&N drop in with GOTT's mod
Programmer
synthetic fluids on the next changing
exhaust (should I keep or lose the cats?) headers will come later
E-3 plugs
I'm hoping this will bring new life into this beast, and if it does and holds up well then the headers I just spoke of, electric fans, and anything else that will actually help will be done. followed by making it pretty with aftermarket parts, and lots of tweaks to the int/ext. using my enginuity and a little elbow grease. should be fun times.

anything I should know about these? things to change. things to leave alone? things to beware of? or just be aware of?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scoot701