blend door where?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

svfetter

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I ordered the wrong part. Correct one (I hope) will be here in a couple days. Amazing how many configurations of these things there are. I had to get the part number off the one out of the truck and even then found that the part number has now changed. Seems like Ford tries to make things as complicated as they can some times. Had very little issue actually getting to it though.

Denethor

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just changed my passenger one out this weekend on my 2010 Limited 4WD. It is located behind the radio. Cost about $21 with my military discount from O'Reilly's. The hard part was squeezing my right arm through the metal brackets to get to the back screw from the glove box compartment. The new part was much thicker which made it even harder to screw in because you could not see the screw head. Did it by feel only. I have numerous cuts on both hands but it was worth saving all that money the dealer would have charged me.
Ask a tiny neighborhood kid (or your own if you have them) or wife to reach up in there, their arms are smaller :0) but I was the same way, many small cuts on the forearm. I have large arms though so I thought it was just me...

OP
OP
S

svfetter

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Got er done. Piece of cake. I did follow some additional instructions on one of the YouTube videos.

Remove number 15 fuse before beginning. Replace when complete. Turn ignition key to on position for one minute or more which will recalibrate system. Started it up and everything was back to normal. Worked great.