HVAC blend door clicking-baffled

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zorg

Reaction score
Usual blend door clicking. Swapped out motors behind radio, driver and passenger side, still clicking. Unplugged all three, still clicking. How many are there? I only see three on parts diagrams. I picked up an HVAC box at the scrapyard and it only has three. What the heck is clicking? It’s definitely the typical blend door clicking sound. 2010 EL limited.
Driving me crazy. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

JimR_TN

Reaction score
I believe there are 4 up front on the Limited due to the dual climate controls. 2 are temperature blend door actuators and the one that is hard to find is for the drivers side temperature.

Below is a list someone shared with me when I was working a similar issue.

* defrost/panel/floor mode door actuator: underneath the LH side of the instrument panel
* Mode Door Actuator — Air Inlet Door: RH lower A pillar
* Temperature Blend Door Actuator — LH: under the heater core
* Temperature Blend Door Actuator — RH : center stack behind the stereo
* Auxiliary Mode Door Actuator — Expedition, Navigator: under the rear RH quarter trim panel utility tray.
* Auxiliary Temperature Blend Door Actuator — Expedition, Navigator: behind the rear RH quarter trim panel

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire