blower motor help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

danwheeler660

Reaction score
Saturday my blower motor stop working It has only been working on high. I turned it to high yesterday and there is a weird noise that comes on sounds like behind the radio When I turn the blower switch to high I get a noise for about 3 secs and my turns singles and high beam indicator turn on in the dash only. I started to take the dash apart and decide to ask for help before I get to far into it.. Thanks Dan This is on my 1997 Eddie bauer

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
I got excited when I saw the title but different blower. :(

Does it have the auto climate control or mechanical selection?

The non-auto climate control units have a blower motor resistor that frequently go bad. I had to replace mine. I only had high speed available by the time I replaced it. My connector was also burned up a bit and had to be repaired. Its under the dash on the passenger side and for me at least was a pain to get to.

Last edited:

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Work on one problem at a time. Check the blower motor resistor which should be down by the blower motor on the passenger side under the dash.

OP
OP
danwheeler660

danwheeler660

Reaction score
mechanical selection I took out my gem unit and there is no sign of water damage and no sign of the window leaking..

OP
OP
danwheeler660

danwheeler660

Reaction score
Gem (Copy).JPG Here is what I think is my gem It looks like the other owner has replaced it before as there were a lot of missing screws

OP
OP
danwheeler660

danwheeler660

Reaction score
black wire is burnt and broke out of the resister and it is rusted really bad

Attachments

• Blower Motor Resistor  (1) (Copy).JPG
    Blower Motor Resistor (1) (Copy).JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 53
  • Blower Motor Resistor  (2) (Copy).JPG
    Blower Motor Resistor (2) (Copy).JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 56
OP
OP
danwheeler660

danwheeler660

Reaction score
i put I new resister and fixed the wires now I don't have high on the blower and the dash lights still dim as so dose the radio when I turn the heat or ac on

OP
OP
danwheeler660

danwheeler660

Reaction score
today I was working o it and when I turn the blower to high I lose my turn singles I put in new relay and resister today and fixed the burnt connector...

OP
OP
danwheeler660

danwheeler660

Reaction score
Ok new used gem is in And I have the same problem.. They only code was for the purge valve solenoid the code was PO455 I even put a new gas cap on.. Ok so now I decided to start were my problem started I had the blower o high when the problem started. So I unplug the blower motor now everything seems to be back to normal I'm going to take the motor out later to day to bench test it.. Hopefully that is my problem..