blower motor not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Barrie

Reaction score
I bought a 2005 expedition that was damaged by hitting some obstacle on the passengers side. It knocked the front wheel back into the lower firewall and cracked the a/c plenum and the blower motor. All that has been replaced and the body work completed.
At this point in the story you know as much about the history of the vehicle as I do. The way it stands right now all of the elements of the climate control system seem to be working except for the blower motor, which is new and will work when wired direct. The blower speed control is new and at the five wire plug connected to it only two of the three smaller wires show any current. The remaining small one and the two heavier gauge wires show no reading.
However if I clip a test light onto a power source the heavy wire with two stripes does show a ground.

My question is- Could it be the climate control unit in the dash that is faulty?

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sounds like you have the EATC system. There are threads on here about running the embedded diagnostics of the system to retrieve dtc codes for it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chris7990