Body Shop says Platinum Grill will not fit XLT :(

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Somebody could make a killing making better front ends for these things.

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Lincoln offers one... ;)

What if you painted your factory grille? What color is your truck?
im not sold on the lincoln. i personally think the platinum expy is a much better looking front end. one of the things that drives me crazy about the lincoln is the fact they used the older style LED running lights where you can see each individual LED instead of the glowing strip like the expy and most other newer vehicles. they look like the autozone kit i see on old hondas and toyotas! I know it is knit picking but i swear once you notice it, you will think the same thing every time you see one!!!

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
im not sold on the lincoln. i personally think the platinum expy is a much better looking front end. one of the things that drives me crazy about the lincoln is the fact they used the older style LED running lights where you can see each individual LED instead of the glowing strip like the expy and most other newer vehicles. they look like the autozone kit i see on old hondas and toyotas! I know it is knit picking but i swear once you notice it, you will think the same thing every time you see one!!!

Expy looks like a bloated explorer, that’s not a bad thing if you like explorers. The Lincoln individual leds seem more of a design aesthetic...doesn’t come off cheap looking to me but I can see how someone may compare it to older rope lighting.

If you like Star Trek, the platinum is certainly for you!

567428574007d44147d1271e1aba8aa2.jpg
4f567ee25a48f7de88aa386e2ee18dc5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Expy is a bloated explorer, that’s not a bad thing if you like explorers. The Lincoln individual leds seem more of a design aesthetic...doesn’t come off cheap looking to me but I can see how someone may compare it to older rope lighting.

If you like Star Trek, the platinum is certainly for you!

567428574007d44147d1271e1aba8aa2.jpg
4f567ee25a48f7de88aa386e2ee18dc5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lincoln has a flat nose and bold grille, it looks like a truck based auto where the Expedition kind of became more tame like a crossover look. Historically the Expedition has based front fascia styling cues off the F-150 gens 1-3 per the brochures...that went away for 18+ and designers said instead of cuing off the F-150 they took the front fascia roots from the Explorer now so your sentiments about that are technically correct.

Last edited:

AKentPhoto

Full Access Members
Reaction score
@edizzle
I'm honestly split on the Platinum vs Navi... They both are great looking front ends. There are things I like about each. I'm definitely jealous of the LED light bar cut out in the Expi bumper too.

If you are wondering why they went with individual LEDs this is why. I like how they stuck to the same theme with the fogs as well...

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
you can do that, as audi, mercedes, bmw, etc. all do with the smooth linear led. i know that is a small gripe but it REALLY dates the front end to me. the ONLY other cars i see with "rope light" LEDs are old ricer cars with the kits from autozone. their is not one luxury vehicles i know of in the last 5 years that uses that style of LED. in fact Audi started the LED "brow" light fad with that old style at least 10 years ago and has long since moved on to the new linear systems.

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
to be clear, i love the navigator! beautiful truck. we weighed heavily before ordering or platinum. we decided the styling of the platinum was more for us. now the interior is no contest......navi knocks em dead.

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
to be clear, i love the navigator! beautiful truck. we weighed heavily before ordering or platinum. we decided the styling of the platinum was more for us. now the interior is no contest......navi knocks em dead.

Wow. You chose an expy over a Navi because of the front LED’s. Eesh. Talk about cutting of your nose to spite the face. You’re sacrificing interior, more power, HUD...all because leds?

Glad you’re happy but...