Body Shop says Platinum Grill will not fit XLT :(

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wow. You chose an expy over a Navi because of the front LED’s. Eesh. Talk about cutting of your nose to spite the face. You’re sacrificing interior, more power, HUD...all because leds?

Glad you’re happy but...
i actually didnt say that anywhere!! i said "one of the things that drives me crazy about the lincoln is the fact they used the older style LED running lights" ONE OF THE THINGS!! LOL. Are you a politician?

We have been extremely happy with our 18 and 19 expeditions, but sadly we will be moving on soon!! My wife and I have been bit by the Escalade bug. I feel they finally got it right. Of course we will have to see one and drive one first, unlike the Expy, which we ordered without ever having seen one in person. But it looks pretty impressive. the tech looks out of this world. they finally went to w wheel independent suspension. Escalade interiors have always been pretty nice. i do wish they offered some new engine tech for the escalade but i am fine with a tried and true v8. a ecoboost style v6 or small displacement twin turbo v8.

i will say the number one dissapointment with the expy is technology. comparing to any other vehicle it is an outdated turd.
second would be the f150 dash. it is a little long in the tooth. the f150 will have a new interior next year, i wonder if this play over to the expy.

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i actually didnt say that anywhere!! i said "one of the things that drives me crazy about the lincoln is the fact they used the older style LED running lights" ONE OF THE THINGS!! LOL. Are you a politician?

We have been extremely happy with our 18 and 19 expeditions, but sadly we will be moving on soon!! My wife and I have been bit by the Escalade bug. I feel they finally got it right. Of course we will have to see one and drive one first, unlike the Expy, which we ordered without ever having seen one in person. But it looks pretty impressive. the tech looks out of this world. they finally went to w wheel independent suspension. Escalade interiors have always been pretty nice. i do wish they offered some new engine tech for the escalade but i am fine with a tried and true v8. a ecoboost style v6 or small displacement twin turbo v8.

i will say the number one dissapointment with the expy is technology. comparing to any other vehicle it is an outdated turd.
second would be the f150 dash. it is a little long in the tooth. the f150 will have a new interior next year, i wonder if this play over to the expy.

You said “we decided the styling of the platinum was more for us”. Figured it must have been the exterior styling that was the deciding factor especially since you like the interior, power and technology on the Navi better. Maybe I missed the real reason. My bad for assuming.

Navi technology is quite on par with the upcoming escalade except for super cruise. Really surprised ford hasn’t stepped up in that arena.

Good luck with the escalade. I’ve had a couple full sized GM’s and always liked them very much. I can say that the level of refinement in the Navi is head over heels above the current gen GM’s but it remains to be seen if GM leapfrogs them with the next release. Either way their 6.2L is the bomb. Definitely miss that sound and grunt!

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Navi technology doesn’t hold a candle to new Escalade.

Really? In what way? It’s certainly not in engine, drivetrain or suspension.

I know they will finally put supercruise in it and instead of 2 medium screens they did one a large one but...?

Last edited:

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really? In what way? It’s certainly not in engine, drivetrain or suspension.

I know they will finally put supercruise in it and instead of 2 medium screens they did one a large one but...?

I mean their is a big screen for the instrument cluster and entertainment so the interior is pretty advanced. Personally I’m not a fan of the Navigators instrument cluster or the new Esky cluster despite loving both interiors. Analog gauges just look classier when done correctly and are timeless. It’s like comparing an Apple Watch to a Rolex....nothing wrong with analog gauges. Mine are nicely done in the Expedition. My uncles Bentley Mulsanne has beautiful analog gauges....don’t get the whole lcd trend because they are going to look like outdated TV’s and don’t require much design input.

Last edited:

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
  • 28" OLED display
  • Augmented Reality Navigation
  • NightVision
  • SuperCruise
  • AKG Sound System that uses the microphones throughout the cabin to amplify voices throughout the the speaker system so you can here rear passengers as well as front
  • 12.6 rear seat TOUCH screens integrated to main system. send navigation from rear to main screen. etc. of course this remains to be seen but i cant imagine their implementation being worse than the Ford/Lincoln.....which is the WORST implementation of any rear seat entertainment I have ever seen.
  • rear camera mirror

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I mean their is a big screen for the instrument cluster and entertainment so the interior is pretty advanced. Personally I’m not a fan of the Navigators instrument cluster or the new Esky cluster despite loving both interiors. Analog gauges just look classier when done correctly and are timeless. It’s like comparing an Apple Watch to a Rolex....nothing wrong with analog gauges. Mine are nicely done in the Expedition. My uncles Bentley Mulsanne has beautiful analog gauges....don’t get the whole lcd trend because they are going to look like outdated TV’s and don’t require much design input.

Eh. I would generally agree but the mulsanne is not only a Bentley but it hasn’t been updated in over a decade.

Expys are no mulsannes. I actually think Spedometers and other gauges are the things that most quickly data a vehicle. Digital or analog makes no difference...

Unless it’s a Bentley. That I agree with.

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
  • 28" OLED display
  • Augmented Reality Navigation
  • NightVision
  • SuperCruise
  • AKG Sound System that uses the microphones throughout the cabin to amplify voices throughout the the speaker system so you can here rear passengers as well as front
  • 12.6 rear seat TOUCH screens integrated to main system. send navigation from rear to main screen. etc. of course this remains to be seen but i cant imagine their implementation being worse than the Ford/Lincoln.....which is the WORST implementation of any rear seat entertainment I have ever seen.
  • rear camera mirror

I guess I didn’t miss anything meaningful.

Larger displays and Night vision/super cruise are about it...expys dont even have HUD though so this is no doubt a big jump. Like I said, ford needs to step up with its autonomous drive functionality for sure.

The best RSE and factory GPS is ten year old technology at this point anyway. Looked at the new Mercedes which has ‘augmented’ navigation and it’s kinda cool but does anyone really not use waze?

The biggest issue is that the escalade needs to step up its level of refinement. The last gen was nowhere near top of class. Will the new one be class leading? Remains to be seen. Hope so.

Last edited:

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I guess I didn’t miss anything meaningful.

Larger displays and Night vision/super cruise are about it...expys dont even have HUD though so this is no doubt a big jump. Like I said, ford needs to step up with its autonomous drive functionality for sure.

The best RSE and factory GPS is ten year old technology at this point anyway. Looked at the new Mercedes which has ‘augmented’ navigation and it’s kinda cool but does anyone really not use waze?

The biggest issue is that the escalade needs to step up its level of refinement. The last gen was nowhere near top of class. Will the new one be class leading? Remains to be seen. Hope so.
Dude you are funny!! “It’s a big jump because the expy doesn’t have HUD” LOL! This is your second mention of HUD. You know that HUD is the only difference in tech between the expy and the Lincoln. I’m just making sure you realize that, because you are saying it is a tech beast and it isn’t. Sync is last place in GUI and usability. I’m not hating. I am a proud owner of two of them. They have been great trucks, but it is what it is. IMO one of the biggest shortcomings is tech/GUI on mine.

Im pretty sure several of my dads vettes and step moms Acura’s had HUD in them....in the 90s

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Here's something else to ponder..... If my 2018 Expedition had all that electronic stuff on it, I would of walked away and bought something without it all. I hate all this electronic BS. Theres others like me, whether its a few or a lot I don't know....
My next vehicle will most likely be an older low mile used to get away from the electronic stuff.