Body Shop says Platinum Grill will not fit XLT :(

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe. Sure seems the ecoboost is a more advanced and dialed in technology. All I’ve had are problems with the 6.2. VVT causes broken/stuck lifters and such horrendous shuddering that GM has had lawsuits over it. The 2020s dont even have auto stop start. Not sure if the 21’s will...

imo it’s pick your poison there and most come to forums when they have problems, Ford has had plenty of issues with the long oil passages in the OHC engines and camphasers/chain travel. No arguing both engine layouts have recieved a lot of updating and refinement over the years whether OHV or OHC. They are producing more power and more efficiently doing so.

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Personally, I think the Burmeister in Mercedes or the B&W in the Volvo are better sounding systems than the Revel.

I get what Revel was trying to do with the customization for the Lincolns interiors, but I just don’t care for the sound. I even like the B&O in my Expy better sounding (to me) than the Revel.

For what it is worth, I have about $20,000+ worth of B&W 800 Series speakers at my home with proper amplification. I also grew up installing show car stereos systems, so I may know a “little” about audio for home and car.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
agreed. i was very satisfied with the B&O. I am a B&W man myself!

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Maybe. Sure seems the ecoboost is a more advanced and dialed in technology. All I’ve had are problems with the 6.2. VVT causes broken/stuck lifters and such horrendous shuddering that GM has had lawsuits over it. The 2020s dont even have auto stop start. Not sure if the 21’s will...
have you not heard of any of the ecoboost issues?!?!? they all have them!! 6.2 is tried and true very reliable. i would rather have an ecoboost than a 6.2 v8 but am not worried about issues whatsoever!!!

auto-start!!! OMG dont get me started.

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i would agree it is an industry first for Lincoln to use Revel, not for the Navigator. As was B&O for Bentley, Audi and Ford as AKG will be for Caddy.

absolutely does not make it tech heavy! the fact it has horn loaded vs, silk dome, vs titanium dome tweeters has no measure on Driver Technology. Which is what I started the discussion about. its alright, youve been grasping at straws the entire time!! LOL.

Ill take phone as key, adaptive headlights, the same exact 10 speed transmission co-developed by GM/Ford, as well AND...........

• 28" OLED display
  • Augmented Reality Navigation
  • NightVision
  • SuperCruise
  • AKG Sound System that uses the microphones throughout the cabin to amplify voices throughout the the speaker system so you can here rear passengers as well as front
  • 12.6 rear seat TOUCH screens integrated to main system. send navigation from rear to main screen. etc. of course this remains to be seen but i cant imagine their implementation being worse than the Ford/Lincoln.....which is the WORST implementation of any rear seat entertainment I have ever seen.
  • rear camera mirror
  • Trailering Integration Package
  • Air Ride Suspension

Yep. One. Big. Screen.

Industry first!!

Enjoy it lol!!

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Dude, you need to lay off this “industry first” stuff. You are sounding desperate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lol. I’m being sarcastic.

I wasn’t the one touting old technology as industry first/tech heavy.

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
28” is such old news for finger print loving car drivers. There’s an industry first 48” screen.
dcf89103a36386513fa274c5511e49c0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
28” is such old news for finger print loving car drivers. There’s an industry first 48” screen.
dcf89103a36386513fa274c5511e49c0.jpg

Oh god. Don’t tell drizzle lol