Body Shop says Platinum Grill will not fit XLT :(

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m still waiting for a company to come up with a proper blinker fluid level indicator....my issue is they focus on all this luxury tech and none for mechanical safety. We all know what happens. First you run low on blinker fluid, then your lunar waneshaft starts slowly starving for oil and slowly but surely eats up the muffler bearing liner. Everyone knows what happens next, muffler bearing blows out and you get a blown Johnson Rod or worse yet scored crankcase-liner. Yet all these automakers care about is “autonomous tech”. SMDH.

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
And besides the absolutely outdated tech of the sync system.

the only other thing about the platinum that aggravates me is on some small potholes or road anomalies it feels like the front end is going to straight up fly out from underneath it!! It’s rare. Some people may not notice, but I do. Like it’s not up to the task of these big 22s

I really do love everything about it. It tows our toys like nobodies business. (I wish it could compensate for squat) we have put 140,000 miles between the two loaded with passengers!!! Lots of good good times. I am such a fan of the eco boost. Transmission was mostly great. I don’t know if I will buy first year Escalade. My wife wants one now but I may hang on till 2022 year model.
Yeah.

Except you did.

Remember when you decided that technology used on Toyota minivans for half a decade was now an ‘industry first!’?

Goalpost move.

Again dude, I’m sorry you are so emotional about this. I’m sure you’ll love the escalade. But i wouldn’t be pinning my hopes on a biggerer screen and ‘tech’ that’s been used for years.

I agree with you that the escalade has some things the Navi doesn’t. Just like the Navi has tech the escalade doesn’t.

You win?
you were wrong about EVERYTHING you said!! Including THE single feature that differentiates the vehicle you own from its brother!! LOL.

Using the microphones to send voices from any position to any position has never been done. It is an industry first!!! How can you argue this? This is hilarious!! So by your logic, the first manufacturer to introduce adaptive cruise control didn’t get the title of industry first because vacuum based cruise control has been out for 50 years!!!

I’m glad after 4 or 5 pages you agree that the Escalade is loaded with more tech than the Navi/Expy!!! That is ALL I SAID that started the debate. An elementary student with reading comprehension and the ability to do math by moving items from one column to another could have settled this this morning!!

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
And besides the absolutely outdated tech of the sync system.

the only other thing about the platinum that aggravates me is on some small potholes or road anomalies it feels like the front end is going to straight up fly out from underneath it!! It’s rare. Some people may not notice, but I do. Like it’s not up to the task of these big 22s

I really do love everything about it. It tows our toys like nobodies business. (I wish it could compensate for squat) we have put 140,000 miles between the two loaded with passengers!!! Lots of good good times. I am such a fan of the eco boost. Transmission was mostly great. I don’t know if I will buy first year Escalade. My wife wants one now but I may hang on till 2022 year model.

you were wrong about EVERYTHING you said!! Including THE single feature that differentiates the vehicle you own from its brother!! LOL.

Using the microphones to send voices from any position to any position has never been done. It is an industry first!!! How can you argue this? This is hilarious!! So by your logic, the first manufacturer to introduce adaptive cruise control didn’t get the title of industry first because vacuum based cruise control has been out for 50 years!!!

I’m glad after 4 or 5 pages you agree that the Escalade is loaded with more tech than the Navi/Expy!!! That is ALL I SAID that started the debate. An elementary student with reading comprehension and the ability to do math by moving items from one column to another could have settled this this morning!!

So you agree the revel ultima is an industry first and ‘tech heavy’ because it has some tweaks that other stereos don’t.

Well that was easy.

Again, super cruise is cool. Not industry leading or a first but cool. Frankly I’ll take phone as a key, adaptive headlights, a more advanced engine and transmission over old minivan speakerphone technology.

But that’s just me.

You’ve always got ‘big screen!’ though.

Last edited:

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn’t call the EcoBoost V6 in the Navigator more advanced than the EcoTech V8 in the Escalade or vice versa. The 6.2 features variable cam timing, direct injection, lightweight aluminum block, dynamic fuel management than can run on 2-8 cylinders, etc etc. Dual overhead cams and turbos have been around for 50 years, Toyota has made DOHC engines for decades. Both are pretty even in tech as it stands if you ask me. Sure 4-valve heads offer more power per liter as seen with the Ford 5.0 vs GM 5.3 but that doesn’t equate to more advanced. Pushrod engines are lighter and more compact, it can be argued they are easier to improve and shoehorn into evolving platforms. My 5.4L Triton engine is a monster in size compared to GM’s 5.3 V8, the 5.0 and EcoBoost take it to an even further level on width.

Last edited:

Lou Hamilton

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So you agree the revel ultima is an industry first and ‘tech heavy’ because it has some tweaks that other stereos don’t.

Well that was easy.

Again, super cruise is cool. Not industry leading or a first but cool. Frankly I’ll take phone as a key, adaptive headlights, a more advanced engine and transmission over old minivan speakerphone technology though.

But that’s just me.

Personally, I think the Burmeister in Mercedes or the B&W in the Volvo are better sounding systems than the Revel.

I get what Revel was trying to do with the customization for the Lincolns interiors, but I just don’t care for the sound. I even like the B&O in my Expy better sounding (to me) than the Revel.

For what it is worth, I have about $20,000+ worth of B&W 800 Series speakers at my home with proper amplification. I also grew up installing show car stereos systems, so I may know a “little” about audio for home and car.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I wouldn’t call the EcoBoost in the Navigator more advanced than the 6.2 V8. The 6.2 features variable cam timing, direct injection, lightweight aluminum block, dynamic fuel management than can run on 2-8 cylinders, etc etc. Dual overhead cams and turbos have been around for 50 years, Toyota has made DOHC engines for decades. Both are pretty even in tech if you ask me. Sure 4-valve heads offer more power per liter as seen with the Ford 5.0 vs GM 5.3 but that doesn’t equate to more advanced. Pushrod engines are lighter and more compact, it can be argued they are easier to improve and shoehorn into evolving platforms.

Maybe. Sure seems the ecoboost is a more advanced and dialed in technology. All I’ve had are problems with the 6.2. VVT causes broken/stuck lifters and such horrendous shuddering that GM has had lawsuits over it. The 2020s dont even have auto stop start. Not sure if the 21’s will...

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Personally, I think the Burmeister in Mercedes or the B&W in the Volvo are better sounding systems than the Revel.

I get what Revel was trying to do with the customization for the Lincolns interiors, but I just don’t care for the sound. I even like the B&O in my Expy better sounding (to me) than the Revel.

For what it is worth, I have about $20,000+ worth of B&W 800 Series speakers at my home with proper amplification. I also grew up installing show car stereos systems, so I may know a “little” about audio for home and car.

Oh I wasn’t saying they are good. I was just saying they are using some ‘new technology’.

My 2010 GM was as good and my Range Rover system is much better.

Lou Hamilton

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Oh I wasn’t saying they are good. I was just saying they are using some ‘new technology’.

My 2010 GM was as good and my Range Rover system is much better.

It might be new technology as a stock system from the factory, but it is by no means new technology. It still doesn’t offer the level of configuration that a stand alone system would provide. It is still a crippled factory system.

My car back in the 90’s had an multiple equalizers setup and was tuned for each quadrant of the car. We used a microphone positioned in various places and configured it accordingly.

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Well that was easy.

Again, super cruise is cool. Not industry leading or a first but cool. Frankly I’ll take phone as a key, adaptive headlights, a more advanced engine and transmission over old minivan speakerphone technology.

But that’s just me.

i would agree it is an industry first for Lincoln to use Revel, not for the Navigator. As was B&O for Bentley, Audi and Ford as AKG will be for Caddy.

absolutely does not make it tech heavy! the fact it has horn loaded vs, silk dome, vs titanium dome tweeters has no measure on Driver Technology. Which is what I started the discussion about. its alright, youve been grasping at straws the entire time!! LOL.

Ill take phone as key, adaptive headlights, the same exact 10 speed transmission co-developed by GM/Ford, as well AND...........

• 28" OLED display
  • Augmented Reality Navigation
  • NightVision
  • SuperCruise
  • AKG Sound System that uses the microphones throughout the cabin to amplify voices throughout the the speaker system so you can here rear passengers as well as front
  • 12.6 rear seat TOUCH screens integrated to main system. send navigation from rear to main screen. etc. of course this remains to be seen but i cant imagine their implementation being worse than the Ford/Lincoln.....which is the WORST implementation of any rear seat entertainment I have ever seen.
  • rear camera mirror
  • Trailering Integration Package
  • Air Ride Suspension

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65