Brake light & blinker work. But Brake light not with lights on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dasflux

Reaction score
Both work as should, even when the brake light is pressed. But not when the headlight is on without pressing the pedal. I recently just had to change both bulbs. I am guessing its just a fuse. Could anyone tell me which fuse i may be going for or any other suggestions?

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
Not a fuse, prolly you put on a single film bulb not a dual film. Wrong bulbs.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum

When having electrical problems it is always best to know what year expy we are talking about

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Both work as should, even when the brake light is pressed. But not when the headlight is on without pressing the pedal. I recently just had to change both bulbs. I am guessing its just a fuse. Could anyone tell me which fuse i may be going for or any other suggestions?

Your description of the problem is somewhat confusing.

The brake lights will only work when the brake pedal is pressed.
the flasher lights will only work when either the left or right signals are used or when the hazard switch is pressed.

From your description I would say your tail lights are not lighting up when you have the headlights on Your front running lights may also be out. These may also be referred to as running lights, parking lights and tail lights.

You need to just turn on your parking lights and see if both front and rear lights come on If just the fronts come on then your rear bulbs are bad But if neither the front and rears are on then check fuse #6 its a 15amp fuse You can check your owners manual for the location of the fuse If you don't have a owners manual you can download one at owner.ford.com

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

dasflux

Reaction score
oh sorry on the year, 2004. Ya i know its confusing. Probably just a fuse. Ya they all work as should. Except when the headlights are on. The brake lights should be lit up right. Well only one is lit up on the right. But if i press the brake pedal it works. Blinker works also. I'll check the fuses when i have time at work today. Im working 70 hour weeks right now. So i thought i would just ask the pros to save me time.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The rear bulbs have 2 filaments, one is for the running or tail light and the other is for the brake lights. The only time the brake lights come on is when the brake pedal is depressed.
Ask someone to help check them when you press the brake pedal.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Again The brake lighs will only light up when the brake pedal is pressed I think you are confusing the brake lights for the parking lights

Turn on your parking lights and post back what all lights up

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
Hell Working 70 hours a week would be like a vacation to me.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
expresspedition