Brake Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1stGeExpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Blew a brake line tonight. Not sure if it's a line or distribution block. Is there a distribution block on the 2000 Expy XLT and is this going to be expensive? The fluid blew out from under the driver side near the gas tank. Lucky for me I wasn't going down a hill or in an accident. I still had some pedal but it was going to the floor before slowing me. I dropped it at a local shop.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

BAD RONALD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Blew a brake line tonight...is this going to be expensive?

Depends. It won't be too bad to replace the blown line only. The problem that can get expensive is corrosion caused by road salt elsewhere. The rest of the 15 year old lines on your truck are in the same shape as the one the failed. The call that will drive cost is how extensively you choose to investigate and repair corrosion damage.

Last edited:

splintrcel

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Redoing all the brakes isnt too dificult. Odds are its a corroded brake line. Mine as well buy all knew brake lines if you plan on keeping your truck for awhile. You have too bleed all the brakes already so mine as well make everything fresh.

OP
OP
1stGeExpedition

1stGeExpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Local shop charged $260 to replace two lines, refill fluid and bleed the system. I didn't have time (or patients) to deal with it myself. I hate doing brake lines!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

nsperf

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Brake lines are not usually hard or expensive but are time consuming. The reason shops charge so much. Plus myself, I charge extra when I have to taste brake fluid rust ala carte.

If doing it yourself ensure you get the right line, adapters if needed and take your time to bend and route. Usually the blocks do not go bad.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chase5817