Brakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WHOISMOOTOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Slotted/dimpled/powdercoated /hawk powestop pads $300 rotorpros and x2 on the 24's

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D using Tapatalk

rburch

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Im using Duralast Gold Cmax pads and Duralast rotors on all four and holey crap what a difference from stock! The Expy will stop on a dime!

Been running this setup for around 6 months and still not one sign of a groove on any of the rotors. Im pretty impressed! Pads look like new also, live in stop and go traffic and they still look new!

mindgame

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Running Cryorotors from Powerslots..

Use to have brake fade using stock rotors. Went to slotted, no brake fade any longer...

However.. starting to feel the shakes when brakes are overheating... Time to cut the rotors :(

michaelinchains

Full Access Members
Reaction score
got the brakemotive pads & drilled/slotted rotor pckge `bout a year ago and am now experiencing steering wheel vibs at stops..shopping now for a better rotor

boiler71

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Zombie and others...

I have used the Brakemotive rotors from eBay on several vehicles and I HATED them. A few of the rotors were warped right out the box and had to be turned.

My last few sets of rotors (for my wife's Expi, my F150, and our Honda CR-V) have come from BrakePerformance.com. The offer stock, slottes, cross-drilled, dimpled, and cross-drilled and slotted. The cross-drilled and slotted go for $153 for the front and $146 for the rear. The cross-drilled and slotted offer a 2-yr guarantee against warping. The dimpled and slotted offer a LIFETIME guarantee against warping. Not sure how they can do that but you can't beat it.

I've had these rotors for over a year and have not had a single problem. We run Performance Friction carbon metallic pads and let me tell you...between these rotors and pads, it feels like the front end will fold up it stops so quickly.

BTW, our Expi is running 33" tires on 20" rims and my F150 is running 33" tires on 17's. Brake Performance rotors will handle anything you can give them.

Just my 2 cents...

Last edited:

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
saved..but i havent had any probs with my brakes from brakemotive on ebay

Cousin Eddie

Reaction score
I replaced my rotors with Power Slot Cryo, and Hawx SUV pads.... I love them. Reduced dust, no squeal. I tow rear round. From a 3 ton travel trailer to a 3.5 ton cargo trailer full of snowmobiles. These brakes have held up wonderfully with absolutely no warping as of now.
Whatever you choose to install, be sure to properly "bed in" your brakes. This is a must for the best possible performance of your setup. Do a search and your will undoubtedly find several different procedures on doing this. Of all of the variations I have read, one thing is universal....... DO NOT completely stop the vehicle while you are executing this process until you have properly cooled the brakes.

Good luck and tell us how it went.