Bug Deflector

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Is the Aeroskin II the one that sticks to the front of the hood? Who did you order from, directly from AVS or from another company?

Ordered it from Autoanything. They are running a sale on AVS with 20% and a $10 mail in Rebate.

The Aeroskin sticks to the hood, and the Aeroskin II adds a upturn on the upper edge to act as a deflector. I am going more for protection of the leading edge of the hood. Plus I like the looks on the 150, and should look pretty good on our Gray Expy.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ordered it from Autoanything. They are running a sale on AVS with 20% and a $10 mail in Rebate.

The Aeroskin sticks to the hood, and the Aeroskin II adds a upturn on the upper edge to act as a deflector. I am going more for protection of the leading edge of the hood. Plus I like the looks on the 150, and should look pretty good on our Gray Expy.
I keep looking at the chrome bug deflector, because I think that's the only one that would look good on the white platinum metallic paint that I have, unless I could find a clear one and paint the back side of it white.

jrc50

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just installed Weathertech one two days ago, guess we will see if it cracks or not.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I keep looking at the chrome bug deflector, because I think that's the only one that would look good on the white platinum metallic paint that I have, unless I could find a clear one and paint the back side of it white.

I think the Chrome one would look good on yours Andy. Especially with the other stuff you have done!

Here is a pic I found on Google...d7723107a404f5aba87a3ae950485962.jpg

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just installed Weathertech one two days ago, guess we will see if it cracks or not.

Bahahaha my cracked one is back on until the new one arrives (they tell me it should be here tomorow morning). FedEx that is. Here is a pic of how and where it cracked.
A8CDF0D1-856A-421A-BC2D-4AA579BB8431.png

Last edited:

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is that the bug deflector or the Aeroskin II?

Andy I believe that’s what I was looking at, it’s calles an AVS chrome hood shield. (It’s a bug deflector). I agree it would look good on yours. If weathertech wasnt doing what they are I was going with that next. I think the bug deflectors give these trucks a more rugged look.

Last edited: