Buying my first Exp (can someone run a VIN)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tomurphjr

Reaction score
Hello all,

My first post and my apologies if asking to run a VIN is against the rules.

I'm looking to buy a 2007 EXP from a small dealership out of state. The dealer says it has the towing package, but I'm not so sure. It must have the HD tow package for me to consider it, plus I'd like to find out as much history on it as I can before I buy it.

I've contacted two local Ford dealers asking if I could purchase a report that shows the history of the EXP and find out the options (HD towing). The first dealer said that I'd have to contact the dealer where the EXP is serviced as the computers are not linked. I said ok, can I buy a report that shows the options? She said to hold and we were disconnected. To be honest, I doubt they can't find the service history on it by giving them the VIN. I just think they didn't want to be bothered.

Second dealer, I received someone's voicemail when I asked to be transferred to the service dept.

Please let me know if anyone can help me and if not, maybe some direction on how to get what I'm after.

Thanks!
Tommy

OP
OP
T

Tomurphjr

Reaction score
I'm part of many different forums, so you think I should know how to use the search function....

I found partially what I was looking for. I see that the EXP I'm looking at as the class III hitch....bummer. I guess I could always see what it would cost to get it upgraded with coolers, new gear, etc.

If someone could run the VIN for the service records, I'd be real appreciative

98EXeb

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If the dealer won't give you the history of the vehicle..walk away!

Dib52

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ask selling dealer to look and see if it has the 4 pin and 7 pin trailer connectors on the back. If you have both, more than likely have the HD package.

98EXeb

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The dealer has a car fax on it and is not a "ford" dealer. I was just wondering if someone could run the VIN against Ford for the service records.

Doesnt a carfax have service record on it as well as accident records?

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Carfax doesn't always have service records. If you have the time, go to a local ford dealer and go to service dept and give them the vin. They don't like doing it over the phone.

As far as upgrading for the lack of the HD towing package, I think it would be easier and cheaper to find a different vehicle.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

rburch

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Carfax will only show if there is a recall item that hasnt been taken care of! I believe you are wanting an Oasis report which i believe will tell you everything that has been done under warranty. As sg said stop by the dealer and have them run the vin.

OP
OP
T

Tomurphjr

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply everyone. It does not have the HD towing, but that's ok.

I'll go down to the local Ford dealer tomorrow and see if they can give me the service record.

Last question, I think. Do all the 2007 Eddie Bauer Exp's have the power lift gate?

Last edited: