Cabin Filter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CB216

Reaction score
Hello does my 2012 Expedition XLT have a cabin air filter? If so where is it located. Thanks

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It does not.

But I regularly see part numbers listed for 07+ Expeditions, which understandably causes some confusion. Nothing under the cowl, nothing under the dash. Not a Limited or King Ranch or Navigator option or feature that could be retrofitted. Regardless of regular or XL length, there isn't one for the front or rear HVAC units.

OP
OP
C

CB216

Reaction score
Thank you I was getting very confused when the parts store said they one but I could never find it

f162mm

Reaction score
Our Expeditions cousin, the Lincoln Navigator has a cabin air filter under the glove box so the parts stores just probably assumed that the Expeditions has one also. Those sillies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

k9education

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm glad the Expeditions don't have one. My wife's 2009 Mazda 6 has one; in fact, it has the exact same one that came with the vehicle in 2009. lol :p

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Our Expeditions cousin, the Lincoln Navigator has a cabin air filter under the glove box so the parts stores just probably assumed that the Expeditions has one also. Those sillies

Do you know if the filter used in the Navigator can be retrofitted to a 2015 Expedition?

f162mm

Reaction score
8e3828c1856aa3535691d7e49625d8df.jpg

Here's a an image, am sure you can but not sure worth the trouble ?