Cabin Filter...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
legendary70

legendary70

Reaction score
thx. one more thing. my front ac vents are not blowing out air. i have been reading and youtubing and googling....and they say it is most likely either the following:

"Under driver's lower dash to the right of steering column is relays,fuse is engine compartment, a 40 amp square clear top fuse,my was blown."

cannot find the fuse to check....any ideas where it is?

"2016 Expedition XL front AC not blowing but back was blowing fine. Ended up being a Loose wire connection to module in passenger footwell underneath right side of glovebox....guess something r somebody pulled it loose"

cannot find it either......sorry i am not a mechanic in every sense of the word....any ideas?

"There's a wire harness with connector under the glove box and visible just above someone's right shoe sitting in the passenger side. The way the wires are crimped it starts to fail open over time, so the heater/AC just shuts off. I've had my daughter just push up with her toes pointed straight up and it goes back on. It's happening more often now and with a chicago winter coming, I'll need to just cut it out and splice a new one in. If one fan speed works and another doesn't, you definitely need to replace the fan motor resistor."

any info would be greatly appreciated.....

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
thx. one more thing. my front ac vents are not blowing out air. i have been reading and youtubing and googling....and they say it is most likely either the following:

"Under driver's lower dash to the right of steering column is relays,fuse is engine compartment, a 40 amp square clear top fuse,my was blown."

"2016 Expedition XL front AC not blowing but back was blowing fine. Ended up being a Loose wire connection to module in passenger footwell underneath right side of glovebox....guess something r somebody pulled it loose"

cannot find it either......sorry i am not a mechanic in every sense of the word....any ideas?

"There's a wire harness with connector under the glove box and visible just above someone's right shoe sitting in the passenger side. The way the wires are crimped it starts to fail open over time, so the heater/AC just shuts off. I've had my daughter just push up with her toes pointed straight up and it goes back on. It's happening more often now and with a chicago winter coming, I'll need to just cut it out and splice a new one in. If one fan speed works and another doesn't, you definitely need to replace the fan motor resistor."

Under dashboard on passenger side is where the blower motor is. Turn on the controls to where the air should be blowing and wiggle the wires to the blower motor and/or hit the blower motor case to see if you can get it going. report back on Front A/C no air thread with the results.

Last edited:

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2019/MC-10163573-0001.pdf