Car keyless entry/alarm system. Easy install?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DR3W

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Im getting a keyless entry/alarm/security system.

How easy would it be to install it myself? Thanks for any tips!

alaskanexpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
trannys and autostarts/alarms are the only things i farm out on any of my trucks. i wont touch either of them.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
best bet dude...unless you had one laying around and a beater to try on...that'll be the only way i'll try

TopGun

Reaction score
had, ine put in by the IT guy at work. he plays with electronics and computers all day, and i play with guns. so I took him to go shoot the 50cal and he installed the keyless entry alarm.

JTKustoms

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I actually installed mine on my own 3 years ago and havent ever had a problem. It is a knockoff of viper system, has a 2 way paging remote with a dual stage shock sensor and 1/4 mile range. Honestly the hardest part of the install was working up under the dash since there was no room, it was dark, and I was uncomfortable. I just got a wiring list off the12volt.com and figured it out as I went. I highly recommend a system with a 2 way paging remote, it has saved me twice so far

JTKustoms

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Was in the process of being towed and the alarm was freaking out so my remote was beeping at me, got to the truck in time before they took it each time. The alarm only cost me like $100 so it basically has already paid for itself

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
im looking at getting alarm/remote start on both vics...wife wants it for summer...i want it for winter