Car totally dead then works

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alehm

Reaction score
The other day I turned the key to start the engine and there was complete silence. I noticed the interior lights were not working so I popped the hood to see if a cable had come off the battery.

The cables were nice and tight then I noticed the hood light was on. So I got back in the Exp and turned the key and it started right up.

I am thinking there is a short in the positive cable leading to the battery as I wiggled it some today and noticed the hood light was going off and on.

Can this wire be replaced easily? It seems to branch off and go to various places in the engine, inside the dash, ect.

BTW this is a 98 Expedition. Runs great besides this problem.

SPreston2001

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah I would say take it to a good reliable repair shop besides the stealership and get it checked out. The ugly thing about shorts, is that the short could be anywhere in the wire. Shouldnt be too expensive but I would definetely get it taken care of ASAP before you get stranded out somewhere.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire