Catalytic Converter Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Racenut

Full Access Members
Reaction score
can i do the rear cat delete if the 2nd o2 is in the actual cat?? i think on my truck the rear sensor is actually in the cat

Yes you can! The o2 is actually in the so called Y pipe ( more like a T pipe ). Here is how I did mine.

On the piece of straight pipe that you are going to use to replace the cat, I marked and drilled a hole in the pipe where the o2 sensor was located.

I then found that a Ford Spindle Nut ( just don't remember the year ) was a close enough thread pitch and size that once the sensor is snugged down it does not leak ( and has not loosened at all in over a year ).

Weld the Spindle Nut on to the pipe over the hole that you drilled and install the pipe.

( The attached photos are before I did the rear cat delete but I had to relocate the sensor so that I could get rid of the Y pipe and run a 2 into 1 Flowmaster 70 series. I have since removed the rear cats, and just put in another section of pipe. )

Attachments

• o2 2.jpg
    o2 2.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 301
  • o2 1.jpg
    o2 1.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 505
  • Both Inlets.jpg
    Both Inlets.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 367
Last edited:

Big Red Monster

Full Access Members
Reaction score
so i have an idea for my truck......imma cut off both rear cats, and then MAYBE put an x pipe in the system, will the x pipe change the sound drastically with no rear cats? also mine is an 02 so Im hoping this will not throw the CEL cause i really dont want to have to put the cats back on.

Big Red Monster

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I know im like killing this thread lol. but im considering to remove my rear cats very soon. this is my set up: 02 sensors on each side, pre cat each side, main cat each side, 02 sensor each side behind both rear cats. if i remove the rear cats I was told by my exhaust guy the CEL WILL come on. for those of you who have done the rear delete have you had any problems? or did you do something to the 02 sensors or computer? I really want to dump those cats but if Im going to get a cel its not worth it to me because I still have emmission testing.

Big Red Monster

Full Access Members
Reaction score
ok... I had enough F**k it Im doing this friday, Im going to get all my supplies tomorrow or Wednesday, probably going to grab some spark plug non fouler to just in case I need to do the Gotts 02 mod.

Big Red Monster

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yea I have read into this too much, but me and racenut have the same year and engine and he has no problems so now im just gonna do it, cant wait to hear it when its done

Big Red Monster

Full Access Members
Reaction score
One more stupid question, will some of that annoying ticking and cracking sound go away after removeing the rears? I hate hearing them tick and crack all the time

Big Red Monster

Full Access Members
Reaction score
well in 6 hours my truck gets the rear cats deleted, I hope it dosnet give the cel seeing as me and racenut have the same year and setup of 02 sensors and he says he dont have one, sorry that i kind of hijacked your thread nc expy but if i find out that i dont get a cel now you know you can do this lol. and I also am prepared to do the Gotts O2 mod if necessary, gotta love F150 Forum for that bit of advise lol

Big Red Monster

Full Access Members
Reaction score
well I removed my rear cats, my truck sounds amazing now, those flowmaster 40s really come to life with no rear cats. no CEL as of now and i been driving alot this morning, atleast about 40 miles so far, Im hoping the light stays off and i dont need to install the non foulers on my 02s

BakerEdition

EF Chaplain
Reaction score
well I removed my rear cats, my truck sounds amazing now, those flowmaster 40s really come to life with no rear cats. no CEL as of now and i been driving alot this morning, atleast about 40 miles so far, Im hoping the light stays off and i dont need to install the non foulers on my 02s
UM...EXCUSE ME!!! Big Red Sir.....where is the video???????