CD to USB Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

svfetter

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Is there an easy, quick way to convert CD music to MP3 format for coping to USB for playing in my 2011 Expedition on Sync ??

Ground Rules – Don’t do itunes – Don’t have MP3 player and don’t intend on getting one. Primarily use CDs but find it a little inconvenient to swap out each CD in the single player unit that came in my Expedition (No Navigation)

Have an older computer which has no conversion software. Tried to down load a couple different programs from the net and found them to slow and not user friendly at all.

Unless someone can suggest a fast and easy way to convert and copy to the USB, I will have to stay with the CDs. I am not going to spend a half hour to convert and copy each CD. Plus when I tried a dry run, I could not get the OEM unit to read the folders which were labeled with the artist. Please advise. Thanks

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

svfetter

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Finally figured it out thanks, Not too terribly time consuming. The most difficult issue was figuring out the commands on the head unit. Very poor instruction in the Sync manual. Finally found an obscure section about how to get the unit to initialize and recognize the folders. From there things started to fall into place. Thanks

BIGRED03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I tried and tried and tried and tried and finally broke down and bought software for the conversion and only every other one would work. It is so frustrating at times. Wait until you download pictures to play oh what fun it is and it is supposed to be Microsoft driven system. Oh, btw iTunes download to CD to usb was the easiest of all. Go figure. My new Grandmother is happy to see her grandbaby on the screen so it lets me get away with a lot.