change of plans...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NC-Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
hey guys, as most of you may know... i planned on doing a body lift on my truck... based off of what a bunch of buddies have told me... it's not a good idea.

so, i'm forgetting about the 35's and i'm going to put some 33 inch shoes on her with a 15 or 16 inch rim... going for the 2" coil spacers and the 2" torsion crank.

might get some new shocks too. still haven't decided... with the money i'm going to be saving on tires, gap guards, and the body lift, i'm going to add some other toys!

gonna get a CB radio with a whip antenna, new head unit... might get some new subs and amp, new grille..., gonna add some new head/tail lights, tint the front windows to be equal with the back (20%?) gonna get some black nerf bars, and maybe a bull bar with lights and an independent switch (depening on how much money i have left)

i'm also thinking about tearing out the carpet and adding spray on bed liner... don't know if it's gonna be a good idea or not but i don't see why not?...

oh yeah, i'm not doing this all at once either haha... i wish i could but hey money doesn't grow on expy's

thanks for viewing guys, let me know what you think and try not to ***** at me for changing my mind all the time.. lol

looking at these head lights:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/97-0...ies&fits=Make:Ford|Model:Expedition|Year:2000

and these tail lights:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/97-0...ies&fits=Make:Ford|Model:Expedition|Year:2000

this grille/billet:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2000...2840339?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories

these nerf bars:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/West...ies&fits=Year:2000|Make:Ford|Model:Expedition

this bull bar:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2000...5004889?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories

and man i love those lights on that truck in the link above.. looked for some like that, can someone send me a link to those if you find them?

i don't mind any negative input, let me know if i'm going in the wrong direction.

Last edited:

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
well, sounds like you have picked a direction and are going with it. good for you. as for tearing out carpet and doing spray in bed liner...its going to be EXPENSIVE! you are looking at around 1k for the rhino liner. if you look for the expy teardown thread i have started, you will see what i did to my truck. i took carpet out and used herculiner roll on bed liner. you get more road noise but i just have my carpet laying in there when i have my kids in the truck. but when i go offroading, i just take the carpet out and voila!

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well i agree with the choices of mods that you've selected...should be a nice truck afterwards...as far as the liner and lift...no comment..lol

fiveohpoepoe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Why is the BL a bad idea? Why do you want to spray liner? You are looking @ adding a significant amount of weight by doing that and not much purpose unless you will be doing some hardcore off roading.

You wont have a problem with 33,s and 2" spacers. I had 33,s with no lift on 16x10,s. But it seems to me you are not 100% on the way you want to go. Why not just sit back a little bit and look around at other rides. Once you go with a plan, its expensive to change back. I know, Ive done it a few times.

Quattro

Reaction score
I like the bull bar and the new lights. I am looking to get some kind of black brush guard as well. Is there anything you have found that is bigger than that one?

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
quattro, you can get a brush guard like mine off of ebay pretty cheap. and they usually offer black or chrome.
i agree, there is nothing wrong with a BL unless you have a bunch of stuff hooked to your tow hook mounts like i do. then its lots of fab work to make it all fit. other than that, nothing wrong with BL. and like i said, i probably wouldnt do liner unless you do roll on, and even then, you will get more road noise than you probably want if it is a daily driver.

OP
OP
NC-Expy

NC-Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
quattro, you can get a brush guard like mine off of ebay pretty cheap. and they usually offer black or chrome.
i agree, there is nothing wrong with a BL unless you have a bunch of stuff hooked to your tow hook mounts like i do. then its lots of fab work to make it all fit. other than that, nothing wrong with BL. and like i said, i probably wouldnt do liner unless you do roll on, and even then, you will get more road noise than you probably want if it is a daily driver.

yeah i know the liner is expensive, i did it in my dads pick up bed for fathers day. lol

but as far as the body lift, i heard i'm gonna need to regear and that's like 1500 dollars plus i'm gonna lose lots of gas mileage... so i think heading in this direction is a solid choice.

plus, eventually when the money is in hand and i can afford it, i'll do a legitamate suspension lift.

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
body lift does not affect gas mileage... it's the heavier bigger tires that do it... and you don't have to re-gear I have 37s and stock 3.73 gears... and a lot of people on here with BL and TT n still have stock gears... I just put an edge programmer in and it makes up for the lack of gears... but still wanna do gears...

I'm averaging 12 mpg... and I still have factory window sticker which says 12mpg city and 16 highway... so 12-12.6 turning a 37s is good enough for me...

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah, someone lied to you. you dont need to regear unless you go huge on tires. i am running 35's with 4" susp lift and stock gears. no need to regear with 33's or even 35's. and you can always add a suspension lift in later, and keep the BL. just food for thought. not trying to sway you to lift it, but making sure you are informed...correctly.