Changing Read Differential Oil 992wd ??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DeltonaExp

Reaction score
Does someone have a link or a write up on how to change the rear diif oil. I have a 99 2wd EB the tag on the diff says 75w-140 synthetic oil. Is that still the recommended for the 12 bolt 9 inch diff?

I don't see a drain plug on the diff cover so I was wondering if I should just remove the two lowest bolts let it drain. Filling the oil is what I question the most, there isn't a fill hole on the top of the cover. Never replace the oil in the diff before.

Thanks in advance.

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hello there you always want to use what the tag recomends, and you need to see if you have a limited slip differental if so you need an additive for the clutches, yes the 9.75" uses 75/140 full synthetic, as for changing it you need to remove the cover to drain it and replace the gasket or use gasket maker when you put it back together the fill plug is on the driver side front of the housing

aircargoo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
need 2 do mines as well.......

didnt change trans fluid yet as well:confused:......want to but WORRIED,some go bad after trans fluid change.

have this truck now 2 yrs plus

OP
OP
D

DeltonaExp

Reaction score
Ok I found the draing plug on the front side of the diff. I changed the oil. Used Mobile1 75w 140 as the only brand Advance had. But How do I know if it has limited slip? What additives do I need to add if it does?