Clay Bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To be fair, when I do the Expy, I don't do the roof, so that saves a lot of time :p Plus, I have those plastic bottom pieces, where as you have no plastic on yours. :)

That must be where the 3 hours go :D

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sounds like its PERFECT to get the stubborn bug marks out...will invest in clay bar next week...

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For bugs, wet dryer sheets work pretty well, though I've heard the Poor Boy's bug removal spray works well.

If you leave them in the paint for too long, they'll etch the paint, leaving you with pits in the clear. A clay bar will not remove this. Now, if you have bug guts that are difficult to remove, then it should take care of those.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
For bugs, wet dryer sheets work pretty well, though I've heard the Poor Boy's bug removal spray works well.

If you leave them in the paint for too long, they'll etch the paint, leaving you with pits in the clear. A clay bar will not remove this. Now, if you have bug guts that are difficult to remove, then it should take care of those.

i have paint missing from bugs. i guess i hit them too hard or something. i need to get touch up paint and put it on the primer thats showing.

jjbusa

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yea i need to bar my truck too the roof is looking ruff.

SOLISIMO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i have paint missing from bugs. i guess i hit them too hard or something. i need to get touch up paint and put it on the primer thats showing.

I hate that! You know what it is right, when you hit these bugs and the sun bakes them, the acid eats the paint. My mirror covers are like that and it irritates me.

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea, it's the acid from their guts that eats through the clear coat. It helps if you spray QD or put a coat of wax on the forward facing painted surfaces before making trips through known "bug places".

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
like cow country?! dam bugs there are huge. look! haha

Attachments

• 0414011649.jpg
    0414011649.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 74
OP
OP
J

junior73

Full Access Members
Reaction score

I've never heard of the wet dryer sheet trick. Gonna have to try that this weekend if the weather holds out.