Clerance for 33's?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eddiebauerexpy

Reaction score
Hey guys, i wanna put a 2.5-3 inch lift on my Expedition, but i wanna know if ill be able to clear 33's (or a 285 series) tire? My buddy clears them on his 2000 F150 just fine but its the off road package which he says already is an 1inch higher the a standard 1/2ton, and hes got a 3 inch body lift.

I wanted 3 inch coil spacers and 3 inch keys but all i can find is 2.5 inch keys and spacers, so will that 1/2 inch mean the difference between 33's and stock?

Also, how hard is it to install torsion keys?

thanks.

Oh, BTW, its a 97 4x4 with the 5.4L, and no air bags.

Last edited:

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
even though the keys are 2.5" you can still get alittle out of torsion bar twist.... but if you use stock rims or 8" wide rims 285 should work... if you wanna go bigger than 33s throw in a body lift and 35s should fit no problem or to look the "Best" level kit, body lift, and 6" fabtech and run 37s.... but i'm past the 33 stage but others will chime in soon that will answer your questions cuz thats what they are running

dgray69

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am running a level lift right now 2.5/3 lift with 32s there is room for 33 but dont go bouncing to` much you will bottom out, def recoment the body lift with it, you will clear room for 33s and even 35s, you wont find 3 inch keys, and i dont recoment even trying to pull max clearance out of keys, i put mine up at 2/3 bplt thread, for a good level look, and im running 3 inch spacers in rear, hopeing to get a body lift on it soon, and trail on 35s this summer. and dont forget to replace all shocks with 3-4 inch lift shocks, sucks breaking them on the trail, couse there to short,

Last edited:

dgray69

Full Access Members
Reaction score
it will over stress you cv shafts, and couse problems with wheel bearings, i just took my 01 out of the garage from having to replace mine, if you have the 3 inch rear spacers or even the two inch you should not need to max them, to level your expy, i backed mine out to 3 threads, and still have a good even level,just stinks when you think everything is going good, and two weeks later have to pull it all appart replace wheelbearings, there not cheap, and i would have been alright had i not pushed for pitching the bars so much, now 400$ later im back together looking at more lift options, putting a fabtech 6 inch lift in,along with my spacers and keys for a total 8 inch lift, then the body lift,

Bart Man

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Lifted Expedition

Hey guys, nice rides I want to install the Adrenaline Motorsports 3" Suspension lift kit 1997-2002 Ford Expedition 4x4, It sells on some sites for under 200.00 and it takes care of the front and the back, It seems to be all I need for my 305-55-20's ,what do you think??

Attachments

• imagew2[1].jpg
    imagew2[1].jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 839
Last edited:

Bart Man

Full Access Members
Reaction score
:D
even though the keys are 2.5" you can still get alittle out of torsion bar twist.... but if you use stock rims or 8" wide rims 285 should work... if you wanna go bigger than 33s throw in a body lift and 35s should fit no problem or to look the "Best" level kit, body lift, and 6" fabtech and run 37s.... but i'm past the 33 stage but others will chime in soon that will answer your questions cuz thats what they are running

I would like to know where you got that light bar it really looks cool!, Nice truck!:rolleyes:

dgray69

Full Access Members
Reaction score
if you are referring to nuts light bar it is a pre runner from off road warehouse. im looking to possible get the same thing, if i decide not to build a tube bumper for the front