clunk in reverse 2006 expedition XLT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
F

Fidder

Reaction score
If you feel it like that likely not U-joints.
I had seen that video before and I originally thought that it was the issue, but upon watching it was not moving in the same way that the video shows. It is moving more on the backside of that bracket which attaches to the differential.

I did go back and look again and re-torqued the bolts to that bracket and as of right now, the clunk is gone. :)

OP
OP
F

Fidder

Reaction score
I'd recommend an inspection of the u-joints, yokes and transmission mounts looking for evidence of wear or missing bolts/nuts.

Ended up being the differential support bracket bolts which connect it to the differential. Re-torqued the bolts and sound is gone at least for now.

Thanks again for the advice

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ended up being the differential support bracket bolts which connect it to the differential. Re-torqued the bolts and sound is gone at least for now.

Thanks again for the advice

Glad to hear, what is the torque spec on those? I’ve had a mild clink for some time.

Last edited: