codes p0171 and p0174, Need help ASAP!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1stGeExpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Loose injector or unplugged connector? How long since fuel filter was changed? What about the mass airflow sensor? Is it positioned properly and what about the condition of the wires underneath? Check for frayed or broken wires.

No other codes?

I would check fuel pressure as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
B

bedrck46

Yes it is a large list and being you have had the problem for the past month I would suggest you give the list some thought and make whatever repairs are necessary You may want to get a copy of

Ford workshop manual on DVD. Can be obtained from seller "morpheousking" on e-bay. Cost about $20.00 Much better than Clymer, Haynes or Chilton and also includes wiring diagrams

Don't waste your money on a Clymer, Haynes or Chilton Manual.
It is well worth the $20.00 just make sure you get the DVD for your year as the seller has different DVD's for different years

Last edited by a moderator:

Dnlmcfarlane

Reaction score
P0174

Hi There, I have an 2002 Expedition with a 5.4. I keep getting the code p0174 and the service engine soon light has come on. I changed the o2 sensors on the driver side and cleared the codes. And I am now getting the same code and engine light coming on again. Are you able to advise me on what I can do next? Thanks so much.