Coil pack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jenn

Reaction score
Ok so i have a question. Do you have to screw a coil pack down.

OP
OP
J

Jenn

Reaction score
Ok but someone put some coil packs in my truck but didnt screw them down does it matter if they are screwed down

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They should be screwed down that way they wont vibrate loose Even though they are normally a tight fit
Also if you are missing any hold-down screws check to make sure that they weren't broken off when whoever removed them.

aircargoo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
of coarse....sand metal on mount so it grounds real good....i did it to both of mine.

Mike White

Reaction score
of coarse....sand metal on mount so it grounds real good....i did it to both of mine.

I'm not sure what year this Expedition is, but I can speak for the 1st gen. Sanding is not needed as the body of the coil pack does not rely on its mounting surface to function (i.e. the mouting screw does not ground the coil).

I recommend cleaning since it's out just as a form of house keeping, but be mindful of dropping debris into your plug hole.
:patriot: