Compass display not working correctly.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kyle_in_rure

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Good morning all, and Happy Fourth to everyone.

I recently changed all my interior dome lights, tail lights, and front parking lights to LED bulbs about a week ago, in my 97 EB. I also changed the flasher unit. Today I noticed that my compass display now blinks off with the turn signals and also when I apply the brakes. The dome lights don't affect it, and when I turn on the headlights or parking lights it functions normally and doesn't flash. It only flashes when I apply the brakes or use turn signals without the headlights on.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B

bedrck46

try changing the led tail light back to the original bulbs That may be the problem

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just a suggestion, change one bulb at a time and test. Thay way you will detirmine what circuit the problem is on.

OP
OP
K

kyle_in_rure

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sorry for the late response.

I replaced the battery a few days after this post and the problem miraculously went away. I'm sure an old battery wasn't the cause but I guess it was just a short somewhere. Thanks.

jfriesen

Reaction score
Ok so I am also having a peculiar issue where my compass is indicating the opposite direction. (ie. North -> South, West -> East and so forth) anyone have any idea what causes this or even better how to fix it? Thanks

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
read your owners manual There is a procedure in the manual that explains how to calibrate the compass

BIG GREEN FORD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ok so I am also having a peculiar issue where my compass is indicating the opposite direction. (ie. North -> South, West -> East and so forth) anyone have any idea what causes this or even better how to fix it? Thanks

Your signature states that you have a 5.8?

jfriesen

Reaction score
@Roxy - I hate to sound like a dick but I dont have a owner's manual. That is just one reason why I use resources such as this forum. Maybe if you have one you could post up the procedure on how-to re-calibrate it! That way the whole forum could gain from your knowledge.

@Big Green Ford - Oops typo should say 5.4, not sure what's significant about that but thanks for catching my mistake.

If anyone has helpful information I would greatly appreciate it!!!

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
go to owner.ford.com and you can download the manual its free 5.8 /5.4 yes typo but I would think everyone knew what you had no big deal

jfriesen

Reaction score
OK so followed the owners manual recalibration instructions and no change... Compass still shows East when it should say North.

Any tips... And RTFM doesn't count!