Compass display not working correctly.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Quasar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There is recalibration and there is zone settings. If the zone is set for the wrong area of the country it can throw off your compass readings. Say it was a california truck now in New York for example.
Unfortunately my expy is an 09 and im not famillar with the 97s at all, so short of saying double check the owners manual online i'm not sure how to tell you to get to that setting. You have to match up the zone to the us map. It can even be different depending on which side of the state u live in if the line goes right thru the middle.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
would like for you to remove fuses #2 and #6 in the fuse panel under the dash for 15 minutes also check to see if both fuses are good use a meter
after 15 minutes reinstall the fuses and then try the recalibration procedure

jfriesen

Reaction score
@Quasar...thanks I did in fact make sure that it was set for the correct region. Interestingly enough I am right on the 7/8 line so I tried both and recal to each... No go

@roxy1225...ok let me try that and I'll let you know if that worked... Thanks

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If that doesn't work you may consider dropping the overhead console and checking the compass sensor. It may have dislodged and is pointing the wrong way.