Complete Pedal Repair Instructions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Definitely happy with it. It works like its new again.

I didn't realize that the brake pedal mechanism worked off a drive cable from motor which is attached to the gas pedal. You are right it really is a very simple operation if you are thin and flexible enough to maneuver in the footwell.

Now you need to see if you can make gears for the blend door actuator and the other A/C system dampers. :smile:

KevinT

Reaction score
I found this forum and thread while searching for info on jammed adjustable pedals and ordered the gear from Chris a week back.

Performed the gear replacement yesterday. Took me just under one hour because I was using a very light grinding disk on my dremel tool to remove the machined end of the post -- while trying not to damage the outside metal washer. After I reviewed the instructions a second and third time, I realized the external washer does not get reused, so I changed to a more aggressive grinding disk and had the external washer released in about 4 minutes.

Its great to have the adjustable pedals again!

Chris - Thank you for taking the time and making the investment to manufacture the gear and document the process.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like mine. The funny thing is after adjusting it a few times I haven't moved it in months. I guess I just like the idea that I can. :smile:

Reaction score
Need gear

I have a 2006 Expedition that is showing the same problems with the brake/gas pedals -- stuck in up position and only move slightly. How do I get the part(gear). Are written instructions supplied? Thanks

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can send Curless Auto a message and he will send the part. The directions are right on the first post on this thread. It is very easy to do.

Wegner44

Reaction score
Just finished my install.... Great instruction, super easy, soooo glad I did this!

Thanks Curless Auto!!!!

Expedition007

Reaction score
Wondering the same thing... is it the same gear for both the gas pedal and the brake pedal? I found the gas pedal gear is split and the worm gear was trying to ride up the teeth on the driven gear. I don’t know how long it’s going to work, but I filed the teeth on the both sides of the break and now the pedals are working just fine.