confused....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
on my rear windows I used to have decals for my buddies shop... well they started to peel so I removed them and cleaned off the residue so you feel nothing on the glass.... however... if the glass gets wet you see the entire outline like the image is burned into the glass.... WTF... any tips to remove this??

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
When racing my mustang.... they use shoe polish to mark the vehicles. Well it would have similar results when I cleaned it off after a few days. I have had really good luck cleaning the windows with wax or basically waxing the windows.

OP
OP
walnuts4x4

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah thats what I was gonna try... probably use some cleaner wax by hand then go from there.. increase to orbital buffer then my DA buffer and more aggressive compounds... it is driving me nuts.. otherwise full glass coverage and a baseball bat..lol

DF5.4

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm guessing that the pores in the glass are filled. I had the same problem. It will wear off over time.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
RAIN-X! i know this for a fact. i had a sticker on my back window and i took it off cause it faded and what not. but when it would get wet it would have the outline. so fast forward a few months when rain season, or month, came around i put rain x on all my windows. shortly after the 1st rain there was sun for about a month and it was hot so i gave it a bath and no more outline. i know it wasnt the rain cause thats just water. but it was the rain x and some scrubbing. works for me on all my sticker out lines. o and also i removed 2 little stickers i had. used rain x and they were gone too. after i cleaned all the residue too. so yeah! try that out.

SOLISIMO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really wanna try that thing autogeek sells to remove water spots. I bet this would work too.

OP
OP
walnuts4x4

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
as I have said you cant feel anything on the glass... even scrapped it with a razor blade and tried various window cleaners including goo gone... gonna try polishing it next when the weather works to clean the whole truck...

DF5.4

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The Rain-X works because it does the same thing as the sticker did. It fills the micropores in the glass. Eventually it will wear off.