Console

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MiloNelsonJr

Reaction score
i bought a 2000 model parts truck that had a better looking interior than my 98 so thought I would simply change it out. However, I found that there are some subtle but significant differences from the 98 to the 2000 model. I would like to have the console from the 2000 in my 98 but they are set up different. Anyone "upgrade" to the newer in their 98? Any suggestions or tips?

Jay87LX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think the console would bolt to the truck the same way but everything above that may be different so as long as you did the whole thing, underneath brackets as well you should be ok, Just my .02 cents

SkyJumper

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The mounting for that console should be the same for the 98 thru 00 other than a trim level or the actual design of the storage and cup size. But the mounting on the floor pan should be identical and the other issue will be the slope factor at the joint of the console and dash. The dash may be slope at a different degree at the console but should not be. Diffinately keep us in the loop and possibly post a pic of the 00 console so we can see what you are talking about on the subtle differences.

hwy73

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The 2000 models lost the fold-down armrests on the seats so the top of the console and lid became the armrest and was wider. At some point, I think on the sunroof models, the rear heat/ac controls made their way down to the center console. Don't know if the floor mounting changed or not.