conversion swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
GAINMOB

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I talked with Ground Force...the only thing they can think of is the rear shocks are to weak to support the drop...the conversion springs appear to be thicker...so maybe they're stronger and the shocks they use are paired for that...so is there a stronger shock that can hold up to where the springs will be helped in my application? They told me they make their drop springs to be compatible with OEM shocks...does this sound like a case of weaker shocks due to stiffer springs? Suncore advices to use coil boosters regardless of what shocks I throw in...thought?

Holy Rollerz Christian Car Club (HRC3) National Member

rex450se

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well it sounds plausible. And since you don't have OEM springs, you can't compare the Ground Force ones to those. If you can get me a measurement of the diameter of the Ground Force Springs I will go measure my stock one. Also, if it can wait, as soon as my kit is in we can see how it does with stock shocks. They said they engineered their springs to work with stock shocks? I tried calling them to see what shocks the recommend with the drop but they were closed by the time I got home from work, because I was looking at switching to a drop shock if I could find one. One I was looking at was the Pro Comp Toxic Drop Shox. I know they're cheap, but they are supposed to have a fairly stiff ride, and since my tires won't tuck, I actually want it stiff so my tires don't get cut on the fender. But off the bat I will install them with the stock shocks. We can see if they make a difference or not.

Victor

OP
OP
GAINMOB

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't do a lot of movement yet as far as binding and stuff due to my surgery...but I'll call them to see if I can get the dimensions from them tomorrow...I called them back and asked what they thought about spring boosters and they said that I should check into the spring seat...since they designed the springs to fit in factory spring locations...I don't have that due to having the conversion....so that seems to be the culprit at the moment...so tomorrow I'll be checking with the dealership to see if I can get a new spring seat and get it put in...or buy the all in one drop conversion and someone can buy this conversion from me and I can through in the drop springs and they figure it out or someone else can buy the drop springs....if the spring seat/boosters aren't a comparable solution...worst case...do what everyone warns against and cut springs

Holy Roller Christian Car Club (HRC3) National Member...

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't buy the excuse blameing it on the shocks. shocks aren't supposed to hold weight. The vehicle should ride at the same height even with no shocks at all. The seat sounds like a much better reason.

OP
OP
GAINMOB

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is what the experts are telling me...I don't buy the shock excuse either but he was thinking that maybe the suncore shocks weren't strong enough with the drop springs...hopefully I get this straighten out in a couple of days

z168

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Unless time is a problem, I would do the springs first. And once determined the shocks are shot, then I would replace them. Theyre separate anyway

OP
OP
GAINMOB

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only reason I'm having this prob is due to switching the springs on the conversion kit...if hasn't done that...no issue...no drop either

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would do end mount. I don't like putting things in between the coils of a spring.

Sent from my Galaxy SIII Using Tapatalk2

OP
OP
GAINMOB

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would do end mount. I don't like putting things in between the coils of a spring.

Sent from my Galaxy SIII Using Tapatalk2

1" or 1/5"...i just measured and its sitting 1.75" from tire...im thinking of doing 1/5" for load purposes...traveling and loading truck...what u think?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M Bennett