cool story bro...(share it with us)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tcwaltz

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So apparently I'm going to be freezing my ass off on my sailboat while drinking a margarita....wtf.

And grats on the youngin....thank god he looks like you and not the UPS man or something ya know :)

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Speaking of sailboats. I know a guy that just bought Pete Conrad's sailboat (former NASA astronaut, 3rd man to walk on the moon) and is in the process of sailing it from Florida to Houston (he works at Johnson Space Center).

OP
OP
Habbibie

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
And we are home, minus obviously the new addition to family and here's to resetting and adding to my debt another 20 some odd years hopefully.

Here's to mommy and baby. Both healthy and happy to be home.

image.jpeg

tcwaltz

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Speaking of sailboats. I know a guy that just bought Pete Conrad's sailboat (former NASA astronaut, 3rd man to walk on the moon) and is in the process of sailing it from Florida to Houston (he works at Johnson Space Center).
Sweet...gulf crossings are a blast. I've done it 3 times.

OP
OP
Habbibie

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
Well another 8-12" of snow coming our way, there's already an 1 on the ground but thankfully it's only the fluffy stuff nothing slushy. Gonna go test the quality of my A4WD set up going to Walmart with the wife to get some stuff though I really wanted to get a rotation since my back tires a far more worn than the fronts.

OP
OP
Habbibie

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
My cool story of the day:

There's a 90 degree turn on a street by my house, 2 lane street 45mph speed limit, I'm approaching the 90 and I noticed like 12 cars in the ditch just where the turn begins, so I decided let me slow way more down in there's black ice and sure enough i tap the brakes and i just slide stright, so I panicked and instead of slamming the brakes I floored the gas intentionally hoping the back end slides on the turn and Yayee it did.

Sadly still my 2 back tires landed in the ditch but I didn't hit anyone in the ditch, 4x4 low pushed me out without a struggle but man oh man my heart was pounding for a few minutes.

That's the first time I use 4x4 this season, I prefer 2wd just for the fun factor of fish tailing every turn.