Coolant Change on a 2007+

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eddiemoney

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Have a 2010 Ford Expedition EL 4x4....wondering if anyone has done a coolant flush on one? Trying to figure out how difficult these are to get a truly good cleaning of the system (Rather than just a drain/refill).

splintrcel

Full Access Members
Reaction score
word of advice, if you want to keep the time commitment to a minimum buy the damn flush kit. It took me like 5 hours with out one because my coolant was just crap. I did it on a 2001 but i assume it cant be much different. Just make sure to be eco friendly and dispose of the initially batch of bad coolant properly. I know some people dump it on the ground lol. I used prestone synthetic coolant (yellow) and also used their flush kit which worked rather well. I never took any hoses off but maybe the flush kit might make you do it. Just run water through until it comes out clear, run the cleaning solution, run another thing of water through, and fill her up. I spent $36 on coolant(3 gallons of pure) and bought some distilled water but didnt end up using it. The cleaner is like $3 also made by prestone

Note: Be really careful about spills on the engine, i spilled coolant over my spark plugs and it caused cylinders 5 and 6 to misfire. be neat!

Last edited: