coolant leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jasefm

Reaction score
I have a 2001 5.4 front/rear heat/ac and she is leaking coolant. It seems to be coating the transmition case but i dont see where it is coming from. Any ideas? Where do i start?

Ward

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Intake gaskets perhaps? Sounds like it's leaking at the rear crossover, and running down the back of the engine.

superexpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Its the hose that runs from the back of the water pump to the back of the motor through the upper valley under your intake manifold. You need to remove the upper manifold to fix this.

daoud el-massri

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had a similar issue today facing the motor on the left side heater core under lip of fire was the t hose that plugs in to the back heater core blew and know my truck runs like crap service engine light is on now running ruf don't no why . I had to remove the fuel rail and the back cool pack to remove the hose . Hope this is are help .

OP
OP
J

jasefm

Reaction score
does the hose run from the water pump to the fire wall or does it branch out and go some place else?