Couple of problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blane senn

Reaction score
First i have 2003 expedition eddie bauer with a 5.4 the battery light stays on even after i have changed out alternater and battery second after i crank it will idle lime it supposed to and then it will idle up and down thiught about changing out the iac valve but just want to be sure before i do that

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Welcome to the site.
For your alternator issue you will need to check some of the wiring. How are you with troubleshooting electric and do you have a dmm?

OP
OP
B

Blane senn

Reaction score
Sounds like i need to take it to somebody i can do some stuff not to good with electrical and dont have a clue what dmm is

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Although the Haynes manual has some good information it is not specific to your year and model Suggest you get a copy of the Ford Service manual. See the attached

http://www.expeditionforum.com/threads/factory-service-manuals.25089/

A DMM is a Digital Multi Meter capable of reading Voltage, Amps, Ohms etc. Easy to use and plenty of information on how to use them on youtube

OP
OP
B

Blane senn

Reaction score
Yea i can read wiring diagrams but i am not a mechanic would u want an auto mechanic trying to get ur power back on

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
Yea i can read wiring diagrams but i am not a mechanic would u want an auto mechanic trying to get ur power back on

I work for a power company as well (ComEd) and you have to be very mechanically inclined to carry your weight around in this field. I can fix your car, then your house, and maybe even instal a back up generator with your choice of either an ATS or MTS. Guessing you sit behind a desk, not a field tech