Couple of problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
With the engine off check for battery voltage between the output stud on the alt and case ground. If you have voltage here then the field coil inside the alternator isn't being excited. I'll try to post the diagram tonight when I have access to them.

OP
OP
B

Blane senn

Reaction score
I do not sit behind a desk i am a service man been doing it for 24 yrs i set meters pull meters get outages back on shoot trouble and that sort of stuff i am good at what i do i deal with 7200-14400 line voltage and i climb poles we have engineers to fiqure out the complicated stuff they tell me what i need to do to rectify the problem and i can use a volt meter i can do simple stuff like change out stuff on my expedition but i dont have the confidence to trace stuff out that was all i was saying did not realize this was going to be a job interview Habbibie

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
CALM DOWN GUYS

Posting some prints for you as I think this is what stamp is going to send you. Not sure if your expy is an early or late edition
The only difference between the editions is one has a FUSE # 9 and one doesn't

for stamp if other prints are need let me know I will post them for you

Attachments

• 12-01.pdf
    31.6 KB · Views: 12
  • 12-02.pdf
    31.6 KB · Views: 7

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Dmm is digital multi meter. You can buy them as cheap as $5.00, but you have to know how to use it. These vehicles can be very tricky, if your not good with electronics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Oh yeah, fluke is the Cadillac of meters. Even I don't have one that good.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
After conferring with another forum member, he suggested to use an amp meter to find your loss. You'll want to charge your battery fully before you start pulling fuses.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire