Cover or Tray to cover shifter hole on center console?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matt Zawacki

Reaction score
I have a 2009 XLT SSV with column shift and need to get a center console for it and would like to get a center console from an expedition that is being parted out which will most likely be from a vehicle with a floor shifter. Does anyone know where I could get a blank cover or shallow tray that would be used on the console in place of the floor shifter part?

TXFRDOwner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 2009 XLT SSV with column shift and need to get a center console for it and would like to get a center console from an expedition that is being parted out which will most likely be from a vehicle with a floor shifter. Does anyone know where I could get a blank cover or shallow tray that would be used on the console in place of the floor shifter part?

Plexiglass ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoeZ

Reaction score
Hey Matt! Welcome!
I did the same thing on my 2008 XLT SSV. I found a plastic tray at a thrift store for $1.00 that was the same dimension as the shifter hole. I spray bombed it and glued it onto the bottom of the console plate. It fits great and looks
semi-factory. Make sure to get the rear bracket with the console, the front one won't fit. There are tapped holes in the floor, you will have to poke around to find them, they should have rubber plugs in them. I had to trim the floor mat on mine to access the plugs and remove them. The very front of the console will bolt to the dashboard.