Cracked Steering wheel... and other cosmetic issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yoop33

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Anyone else crack theirs? I just passed 5k miles on my '19 Platinum and just noticed this morning it was cracked just below the oval. I know you have to press pretty hard sometimes to get a solid honk in but did I really press it hard enough to crack?

I keep finding quality issues with this truck and it's getting pretty disappointing. I understand it's domestic but on your top of the line trim?

The other day I found the "P" on the driver's door PLATINUM is falling off, and then the chrome around the whole truck has tiny random rust looking spots.

Anyone else having cosmetic issues on their late-model that probably shouldn't be happening?

Scottorama

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I noticed last weekend that my 2018 XLT (10,000 miles) has pitting in the chrome on the lift gate.

Can't wait to see the new GMC Yukon here in a few months.....I will be one of the first in line. Too many issues with this Expedition to deal with.

OP
OP
Yoop33

Yoop33

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I noticed last weekend that my 2018 XLT (10,000 miles) has pitting in the chrome on the lift gate.

Can't wait to see the new GMC Yukon here in a few months.....I will be one of the first in line. Too many issues with this Expedition to deal with.

Same thing! I may end up getting the chrome wrapped or something.
As for the Yukon, not a big fan of the way the new one looks but have always been impressed with the interior and features of those. The new Escalade is looking really good too.
But by the time I'll be ready to buy again I think I may switch over the Rivan's new SUV if its big enough.... or another electric SUV company if they have them by then.

AAOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Same thing! I may end up getting the chrome wrapped or something.
As for the Yukon, not a big fan of the way the new one looks but have always been impressed with the interior and features of those. The new Escalade is looking really good too.
But by the time I'll be ready to buy again I think I may switch over the Rivan's new SUV if its big enough.... or another electric SUV company if they have them by then.

Check out the Fisker SUV. Looks like a small SUV though.

https://www.fiskerinc.com/

Good info on how they got the cost down and other details.

Last edited:

Diverdown

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Anyone else crack theirs? I just passed 5k miles on my '19 Platinum and just noticed this morning it was cracked just below the oval. I know you have to press pretty hard sometimes to get a solid honk in but did I really press it hard enough to crack?

I keep finding quality issues with this truck and it's getting pretty disappointing. I understand it's domestic but on your top of the line trim?

The other day I found the "P" on the driver's door PLATINUM is falling off, and then the chrome around the whole truck has tiny random rust looking spots.

Anyone else having cosmetic issues on their late-model that probably shouldn't be happening?

Can you post a pic?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Yoop33

Yoop33

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Can you post a pic?

7bff0f09ae23de2d00f3d6335c6c8305.jpg

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’d warranty that. That’s how it separates for the airbag to come out. Maybe happened from extreme temp changes in the car...