Crank, start for 1 sec and shuts off- 2008 Ford Expedition EL Limited

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wolftaildopenes

Reaction score
So I have a 2008 Expedition EL Limited. :)

Issue: She cranks and will fire up for literally less than 1 second and shuts off.

Things tested/replaced:

New spark plugs and coils - confirmed spark and current flowing.
New Fuel pump - confirmed working and fuel pressure at the fuel rail.
Fuses and relays in SJB and engine bay box - all confirmed with good voltage.
New battery - voltage confirmed above 12 volts
Ignition coil connectors - Confirmed via NOID light all 8 have strong current.
Fuel injectors - Confirmed fault on all 8 via OBD scan using Autel AP200M :(

Live read data attached from OBD scan for those of you who know what to look at and maybe can provide me with some guidance or direction. :(

Fault code read output:

P1000-FF
P1000
B1342-60

Attachments

• 2021-04-11_10-45-34.pdf
    130.1 KB · Views: 6

Utah Driver

Reaction score
I don't really work on cars much but try this. Unplug the crank position sensor only an see what happens. If that doesn't work plug it back in and unplug the camshaft position sensor only and see what happens. If that doesn't do anything maybe calibrate the TPS. Sorry, that's all I got.

OP
OP
wolftaildopenes

wolftaildopenes

Reaction score
I don't really work on cars much but try this. Unplug the crank position sensor only an see what happens. If that doesn't work plug it back in and unplug the camshaft position sensor only and see what happens. If that doesn't do anything maybe calibrate the TPS. Sorry, that's all I got.

Thank you I'll be checking those out today. Worse case scenario I'll have to take her to my local Ford stealership :(