Custom 99 Expedition Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

402 Motoring

Full Access Members
Reaction score
this is a build thread for my 99 Expedition EB that I have owned since new. I've updated this truck with 06 sheet metal, and a custom one off hood, bumper and custom headlamps. The interior of the truck has been completely redone in 2010 Ford Casmere and the seats have been changed to 06 Expedition seats with custom off white and dark grey leather. The body has beed completely repainted in Lexuse Pearl White and dark grey. The truck has been lowered some 8+ inches and when done will sport some 22 or 24" wheels. We are also building a full custom audio system which will include an I-Pad being used to control the all the audio & video functions. There are lots of photos in this build, some 10 pages so far. I'm hoping to have the truck done by May or June so we can begin showing it locally.

Enjoy the photos!

99 Build Photos

AaronLG

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I never realized that was a 99. how hard was it to get the front clip to bolt up? tons of fab or did it bolt right up? nice work man. can't wait to see the finished product. what about your son's truck. anything new on it?

OP
OP
402 Motoring

402 Motoring

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I never realized that was a 99. how hard was it to get the front clip to bolt up? tons of fab or did it bolt right up? nice work man. can't wait to see the finished product. what about your son's truck. anything new on it?

It bolts up but obviously you have to modify the rear of the fenders to match the bodywork on the 99 doors.

As far as my son's truck......he only started working on it again recently. Before the winter we had to pull the heads and replace a head gasket casue we were leaking slightly into the #7 cylinder. I guess we must have nicked the new head gasket somewhat when we originally built the motor. Everything is cool now. So what he is doing now is constructing a custom console that will house 2 10" Pioneers and he is installing an I-Pad to act as his head unit. I will also be installing an I-pad in my truck. Here are a few of his photos.

Here is the console layed out before he wrapped it

DSC_0716.jpg

and wrapped

DSC_0719.jpg

Here is the I-Pad mocked up

DSC_0715.jpg

As far as the outside is concerned, I guess it depends on time. We have talked about shaving the handles and then maybe adding some true fire flames and some skulls etc to the paint. Neither of us have a whole lot of extra time to work on our own rides so who knows if that will get done before show season. I would like to see it since it would be nice to show it and bring in some work.