Cutting back and cutting off while driving

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
W

wrcampbell

Reaction score
Fixed

Well i tried to fix the fuse box but it wasnt gonna happen. New Ford fuse box and she running like a top. But is the design of the old fuse box that caused the terminals to heat up or is there something else causing the issue need to replace also?

igozumn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think it's the super small pins of the relay having difficulty carrying the draw of the fuel pump. I took one apart that I got back from one of my wholesale customers and disassembled it to check it out for myself. I wanted to see if I could repair it also. I figured there wasn't any way for me to solder a new relay into the board due to needing to solder both sides of the board on a couple of pins. I decided to try soldering in some wires so I could get to both sides where needed. Bought a new relay off eBay and soldered it to the wires outside of the box. This way, if there is another issue with the relay, all it will do is melt the relay and not damage the board. Tested it in my 03 for a couple of days with no issue.

dojogube

Reaction score
New fuse box exacerbated the problem

I had the same problem with my 2003 Eddie Bauer. I changed the fuse box because I cant solder. (New from OEM dealer $350.00) Now the thing is going haywire. When I turn the key to start it, sometimes it works...sometimes not. When it does not work there are noises coming from the fuse box, idiot lights abound, door locks wont even work, etc. When it does work it takes forever to start like there is no fuel.

Help.