Damn seatbelt warning chime!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mjstef

Reaction score
I have had Fords all my life and NEVER had an issue with disabling the damn chime but this 05 Ex. WILL NOT let me disable it!!! I have went over and over the sequence for close to a year now every time it pizzes me off but it WON'T disable!!!!! Sitting at the damn drivethrough at the bank today i took my seatbelt off to get my wallet out and the thing starts in the whole time i was waiting for the bank to finish my transaction!!!! Can i cut wires and hook them together or something?? I am so sick of this crap!!! The dealer has no clue WTF is going on!!!

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you take the seatbelt off after you've had it on for awhile, it still chimes?

AvroAero

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure all of the new ford trucks won't shut up unless the driver has his seatbelt on, in drive anyways.

OP
OP
M

mjstef

Reaction score
Originally posted by ELVATO
If you take the seatbelt off after you've had it on for awhile, it still chimes?

Yup!!!! It sure does and it's annoying as hell!!

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think it does it in my 03. Don't know about my dad's 04 F150.

4x4Dude

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My friend has an 06 mustang and he was able to disable it by doing a series of things. It was listed in his owners manual how to do it. Not sure if the suv's are different, it's a ford thing i guess. I'm glad my 2000 doesnt have that or i'd find the chime and have to destroy it lol

OP
OP
M

mjstef

Reaction score
Originally posted by 4x4Dude
My friend has an 06 mustang and he was able to disable it by doing a series of things. It was listed in his owners manual how to do it. Not sure if the suv's are different, it's a ford thing i guess. I'm glad my 2000 doesnt have that or i'd find the chime and have to destroy it lol

Yup, It's about the same sequence my superduty was but it doesn't work............

Tom Nugler

Reaction score
Originally posted by mjstef
[B.....The dealer has no clue WTF is going on!!! [/B]
I think you need to find a better dealer. Have them check TSB 05-9-17

Tom.

Crap. The attachment didn't go through. Try this.
TSB 05-9-17
05/16/05
INABILITY TO DISABLE THE SUPPLEMENTAL
SAFETY BELT WARNING CHIME (BELTMINDER)
FORD:
2005 Expedition
LINCOLN:
2005 Navigator
This article supersedes TSB 05-04-02 to update the TSB action information.
ISSUE
Some 2005 Expedition/Navigator vehicles may exhibit an inability to disable the BeltMinder function, following procedures listed in the Workshop Manual or the Owner Guide. The BeltMinder function operates normally, but can not be turned off (if desired by the customer).
ACTION
Replace the restraint control module (RCM), which includes the software to disable the BeltMinder. Refer to Workshop Manual Section 501-20B to replace the RCM. Then follow Workshop Manual (Section 413-09) or the Owner Guide (3rd Printing) procedures to disable the BeltMinder function.

Last edited: