Dashboard Lights/Digital odo Going Off and on...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kermit

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So I noticed this the other day that my odometer would randomly black out... Then sometime later be back on... Well coming home from a class today, it was out when I left my clients house... I hit one hella pothole on the highway (thanks big rig for not letting me over) and it came back on. I don't usually drive much after dark so I never noticed till today that the dash lights go out too when the odo is out, but they came back on too when I hit that pothole. Clues on where I'd be able to find that connection to start checking things out? Link to a diagram/schematic maybe? 1999 XLT

Last edited:
B

bedrck46

there is a bad solder joint on the circuit board in the instrument cluster Easy Fix check on youtube as there are videos showing how to fix this issue

xJohnnyOx

Reaction score
There are some real good writeup's in this forum as well. Just search for odometer and you will find them.