DDP/PDM firmware

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

719c6

Reaction score
Does anyone have the latest firmware for the DDM/PDM? I have a '18 MAX that has the mirror off-limit issue and the "fix" is load the latest firmware... but I can't find it. Believe it's GN15-14C064-AJ & GN15-14C108-AJ. I am currently on the -AF firmware.

Thanks.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
What are you using to deploy said Firmware? You should be using FDRS if possible.

OP
OP

719c6

Reaction score
What are you using to deploy said Firmware? You should be using FDRS if possible.
I have used Forscan to update a couple of other modules without issue, knock on wood. I called our local Ford dealership and they want a diag fee before even looking anything up. I asked about just obtaining the files and they advised they could not do that per Ford.

per SSM 47835

- 2018-2019 Expedition/Navigator - Exterior Mirror Glass Intermittent Clicking Or Ratcheting - Built On Before 5-Dec-2018Some 2018-2019 Expedition/Navigator vehicles built on or before 5-Dec-2018 may exhibit an exterior mirror glass that moves to the end of the motor travel and clicks or ratchets intermittently. This may be more prevalent when entering the vehicle and/or when a mirror memory position is selected. Reprogram the driver door module (DDM) and passenger door module (PDM) using the latest software level of the appropriate Ford diagnostic scan tool. For claiming, use causal part 14B291 and applicable labor operations in Section 10 of the Service Labor Time Standards(SLTS) Manual.

slow3v

Reaction score
Can I pull firmware off of these modules with FORSCAN and send to you? Mine are updated via FDRS so I have the fixed FW, but No way to pull it off.

Mr Big

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm not sure what you are talking about, but did you try re-synchronizing them?
Re-Syncronize power folding mirrors
As far as firmware updates are concerned, I think you may have to go to the dealer for that, with the exception of updating the sync firmware.
I've never seen anything in FORScan, other than diags and mods.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I mean OP says they've done it before, I too haven't seen it but maybe it is possible with forscan. pretty cool, someone needs to try and pull firmware off and see if we can help each other that way.

wakeboarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This website mentions APIM firmware and possibly BCM firmware updates using Forscan. I know it doesn’t directly answer your question, but it could lead to other ideas or resources.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yes, FORSCAN can do limited module flashing, but it is VERY limited, and not for the faint of heart.

@719c6 What cable are you using? Mongoose?

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Can I pull firmware off of these modules with FORSCAN and send to you? Mine are updated via FDRS so I have the fixed FW, but No way to pull it off.
No, it doesn't work that way.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65