Debaging 2008 have a question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IQ99

Reaction score
I want to remove all the badging on a 2008. My question is this: Does anyone know if the badges have alignment pins in them that would mean there are holes in the sheetmetal behind the badges? I am wanting to remove all the Expedition El badges and the RSC badge. I will leave the Blue Ovals alone. Thanks in advance for the help!!

Buck Nasty

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I can't say for sure but, I'm sure there will be holes. Most badging doesn't just stick on.

OP
OP
I

IQ99

Reaction score
Well all of my Nissans 3 and Toyota and Denali were all stuck on. The emblem for the manufacturer was not but everything else was.

4x4Dude

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i believe the badges on the front fenders are bolted on and the ones on the tail gate are stuck on. or it might be the other way around, but i would hate to take the chance and end up with some unwanted holes on the side or the back of your truck.....but hey, there's always duct tape! Let's hope your truck is silver lol

AvroAero

Full Access Members
Reaction score
For the back ones try taking off the panels and taking a look. Might get unlucky and find its covered again but whatever.

OP
OP
I

IQ99

Reaction score
The advance track badge has no holes. The Expedition Logos are pinned so you do have holes. I will be off to the body shop next week to get the holes filled. Thanks for the responses. Too bad Ford does not realize we might not want to be rolling around with huge chrome Expedition badges but hey why would they not want the advert?

Remo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Let us know how it goes with the body shop. I've always thought about shaving all the emblems on my 2000, so it'd be great to know approx. how much it costs to get it done. Let's see some pics too when its all finished. Good luck!