deployed and need some opinions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gmdjr

Reaction score
i hate to be this guy but i am in afghan and dont have the recourse to do the research i need. And you all would know the most about this topic, this is the IS THIS WORTH IT post and like I said it kills me but here goes…. My wife found a 2000 EB edition triton with 160000, its VERY clean, new heater coil, new bat but the odometer will not turn on all the time…. (Don’t know what that means to this vehicle but others that would not mean much) this will be mostly my get around vehicle till I move in Spring but I will use this in the winter in AK. Is this worth the 4000? Is this worth getting and keeping it for a bug out/camper/tow vehicle later in life, how much life dose it have left

cymru

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would say you would be lucky to get 3K for it with an issue and the mileage. If there is any rust on it maybe less. I would keep it and see what you can do when you get back. I am also an OEF Vet and wish you the best. I would say you can get 300K out of these engines if not more if you put some money in them. the tranny will need to be rebuilt sometime as well from what I have heard. Again best of luck but I would say 4K is pushing it...

tojohnso

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think he wants to know if he should buy it.

Does it have more life - good question. Depends on how it was maintained.

On Kelly Blue Book (with 5.4L, 4X4, etc), the EB goes for $3500 to $4380 private party and $5430 in excellent condition (which this isn't) at a dealer.

On NADA with towing package and 5.4L, 4X4, etc, the EB trades rough at $1625, avg $2450, clean $3125. Clean retail is $5200.

The question is - how was it maintained - are there service records with it? What options does it have? 4x4, 5.4L or the 4.6L?

Thanks for your service, by the way!

cymru

Full Access Members
Reaction score
sorry for the misunderstanding... I would not pay over 3 they are everywhere ... especially if it is a 4.6 which it probably is not because it is an EB but who knows or 4X2

alaskanexpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
truck prices are much higher up here in AK, you cant touch a decent expy for less then $4k. plenty of junkers for less.

in march i helped some family buy a '02 5.4 EB 4x4 with 107k. paid $5k cash and it was a steal. now has 110k and running well.

if i was looking to buy right now this one pop's out as good. i assume your based at JBER or are you based up north?

2000 Ford Expedition 4WD XLT

OP
OP
G

gmdjr

Reaction score
truck prices are much higher up here in AK, you cant touch a decent expy for less then $4k. plenty of junkers for less.

in march i helped some family buy a '02 5.4 EB 4x4 with 107k. paid $5k cash and it was a steal. now has 110k and running well.

if i was looking to buy right now this one pop's out as good. i assume your based at JBER or are you based up north?

2000 Ford Expedition 4WD XLT

yes i am at JBER, i am def looking for a 5.4 i dont know about EB, i will be useing this vic to drive to my next duty station in FEB as well now so. i seen that post i was just worried about the 130K i mean i seen this 05 with 165K and was hmmm lol but then i thougth not Ford expedition XLThere is another i was thinking of getting.
2000 Ford Expedition XLT

Last edited:

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Personally I like that XLT you posted. I think those prices are pretty fair for the mileage listed. Like Alaskan said, have them checked. This thread will help you with things to be wary of. Obviously every vehicle is different, but mine is running solid at 217k. Most 1st gens seem to be solid trucks.

http://www.expeditionforum.com/f42/what-look-when-buying-gen-1-expy-10741/

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

gmdjr

Reaction score
so the old man came back and said 3500 from the 4500 price, i think he needs money .. sad, he said he would take a couple payments.. i am thinking about haveing it check by a michanic

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I woul push him for 3k.

Sent from my Galaxy SIII Using Tapatalk2