Did I get a good deal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gaarangers

Reaction score
I just purchased a 2006 Expedition Eddie Bauer edition from the original owner for $6000. 105k miles, fully loaded except sunroof and heated/cooled seats. Clean history, new tires, extremely clean interior and only minor cosmetic flaws on the exterior. In really great shape for a 10+ year old vehicle. What really enticed me was the seller had every service record including the spark plugs replaced at 80k miles. Had it checked by a local mechanic and he said that it would be needing the drive belt replaced soon, other than it looked great. This is my first expedition, and I know the front grill slightly changed in 2007, so my question is, was this a good deal? KBB valued it at $5800, and I normally pay below blue book, but I couldn't find one in this good of condition with the low miles under $7k.

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
What bedrck said. A little late now to ask this question, to me 80k or less is low mileage, once it crosses the 100k it no longer counts as low mileage... But that's just my opinion.

Congrats on the new ride, enjoy it and if you're happy with it then that's all that matters

Last edited:

Snag

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Congratulations and welcome to the forum.

Any buy with accurate maintenance records is usually a good buy. Mileage isn't bad, if well maintained and sounds like it was you should have many more years of service out of the rig. You will find it is one of the most comfortable, safe rides for you and your family. We have been having a terrible winter and ours handles like a dream. We love our 05 King Ranch
Keep the maintenance up, especially oil changes and you are good to go. This forum has lots of good members and can help you with any problems or ideas

Good Luck
Gary

lbv150

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Great truck! I bought my '06 in '10 with 130,000 on it and just sold it in November with 235,000 miles. As others have said keep up the maintenance, clean oil is so important on the 5.4

Good luck with it

John Christopher

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It sounds like the vehicle is in very good shape and was taken care of. This would make it worth more than the book value. Expeditions are great trucks.

Skinnylarry

Reaction score
I have an 02 196,700 and clean no leaks solid running normal tune up regular oil and tranny fluids. Well cared for easy 500,000 miles and a one owner with service records is invaluable to keeping it up

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Sometimes you do have to pay top book on a vehicle that's extra clean, or low mileage. One thing I learned years ago is if a vehicle is clean on the outside, it was taken care of on the inside. Keep up on all the services like oil/ filter, transmission service, etc, and you'll be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk